Cayin N3Pro

Upcoming from Cayin, their new N3Pro DAP. It features dual DACs and tube output (single-ended only) like the fantastic flagship N8. Both DAC chips and tubes implemented are a stepdown from the N8, but at $479, this seems like an easy buy. More details in the link. Any guinea pigs?

11 Likes

@antdroid dud a review of this here:

3 Likes

I just ordered the N3 pro based on what I’ve read here & because the Fiio M6 randomly freezes up a bit too often. I’m really excited to get this & I’m glad this site provides such a wealth of great audio advice.

3 Likes

The N3Pro is an amazing device for the asking price. It’s well built, small and sounds amazing.
Don’t forget it even has tube output! I’ve never seen something better at this price point and even quite a bit higher!

2 Likes

Thanks Tom! I’m really excited to get my very first quality player:)

1 Like

I just received the N3 pro. Never had a proper player before. Mind blown! :blush:. How I dreamed it could sound for literally years.
What a difference a Dap makes…

Thank you so much headphones.com :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Great to hear! It’s a wonderful little device. :ok_hand::relaxed:

2 Likes

Hi @Converge96, I am a huge Dap fan myself. I’m glad that you’ve seen the light and joined the club so to speak. Congrats on your purchase and you couldn’t have got if from a better place. Taron and Andrew are fine fellows.

4 Likes

Thanks Tom! It has been one of the best purchases to date:)

1 Like

Which head - earphones are you using with it?
How do the tubes work for you? Any preference?

2 Likes

I’m just listening now with some Sendy Aivas I got for 300.00. Alternating between 6xx and its really fun!

1 Like

Hoping someone can help. I have a new Cayin N3 Pro. I loaded a few albums on the data card. The Cayin is not playing the songs. Not sure what to do or if there is something on the Cayin that should be changed. Any ideas where the problem is. HP are Stellias and Amp is Phonitor E. Connection from Amp to Cayin is with an RCA connector (SE out of Cayin, double into the Amp input. Thank You

Have you tried using it standalone without the amp? Songs playing? Also you might need to switch the output from PO to LO when you swipe down from the top. The interface is basic but to me too not all was clear.

2 Likes

Thank you, I will give it a try.

The LO works for a while and then cuts off. PO will start and cut off quickly, at the top of the unit the headphone symbol will alternate with the Balanced HP symbol, and the SS symbol to the left flashes on and off. Very frustrating to get this working

The Solid State and Tube buttons do not seem to work. Generally when I press to change to tube from solid state and vice versa nothing happens. Randomly, it will change, but when on tube the light comes on and the countdown begins, but when it reaches 0, the light turns off, and the cycle begins again with the light turning on in the tube area, the countdown and then the tube light shuts off. When i try to switch back to SS it generally takes a while. Is there a setting that i may be missing or do I just have a crappy unit?

Hmm. That does not happen with my unit. Of course, when you use an external amp, the tubes would not work as the DAP is in throughput mode. Have you checked if your unit has the latest firmware?
I believe they updated it recently.

Testing right now with C9 via 4.4mm cable.
No issues at all. Nothing but amazing sound. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I tried plugging a Stellia directly into the unit, no change. Pressing the tube/solid state button maybe works one out of 20 times. When it is in tube function the light comes on, the tube message countdown comes on, and as soon as the countdown is complete, it turns the song off (which isn’t audible anyway), and the process repeats itself. I reset the unit a couple of times. Listened to Tidal a couple of times using BT to my iphone, but the sound cuts off at random times and you cannot get it to work again.

Is it up-to-date? Should be version 2.1. Maybe try to reset the player too. If all that doesn’t work, your N3 is probably doa.