Chord Electronics - Official Thread

It’s a tight layout on the front and I like to run my hd800s with a balanced line and the Anni does not provide that. Also there is no passthrough to feed to my powered speakers. I have to get an audition with it with my own music and it will have to really perform as like my jazz-fusion stuff loud. I love the design and only Watts can make it like that, so we will see.

Given their track record (and I say this as someone that has bought a LOT of Chord gear), if Chord officially announced the Mojo 2 was to start shipping on Monday, I’d be VERY surprised if it was actually available in the US this year.

Nothing I have ordered from Chord has ever come in on time.

For established product it has sometimes only been a couple of weeks to a month longer than the estimate. For new, or very recent releases, it’s never been remotely close to when promised.

That said, if Chord do a Mojo 2 … I hope they natively give it Bluetooth support, and actually do it properly and include more than just SBC and aptX support. Neither do the Hugo 2 any favors.

3 Likes

Mojo+Poly AIO with 2-Way LDAC support sounds good to me. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I dont think Rob Watts is involved in the Anni. He does not typically get involved in their amplifiers nor does he do the mechanical design work either. I think that’s John Franks’ role. That said, he’s been working on some digital amplifier for years…

3 Likes

That’d be grand. It needs AAC as well. Anyone shipping a Bluetooth audio product today, at least one that isn’t throwaway junk, really needs to support SBC, all flavors of aptX, AAC and LDAC at a minimum.

Ironically, SBC at its best can out do aptX as its best. Though SBC on the Hugo 2 I found to be awful.

Standard aptX is more useful in terms of consistency than raw quality (odd frequency response, relatively high noise-floor).

Of course, it’d help if Apple supported aptX and LDAC on iOS/iPad OS as well.

3 Likes

I forgot, add a display too. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’d be icing on the cake!

2 Likes

That’s good to know. I am planning to consider the Sennheiser HDV 820, the Phonitor xe and the Anni. Currently I’m enjoying the THX Massdrop 789 quite a bit. Those amps being so expensive, it’ll be a hard made decision,

1 Like

I should have my first personally
owned Chord products next week. Excited.

8 Likes

Have fun! (you’ll get hooked on the “Chord sound” and philosophy.)

3 Likes

I have always enjoyed their flavor from the first time I heard the Mojo, then when I borrowed @jb77 TT2. They make great gear.

2 Likes

I don’t mean to answer for @Nephilim_81 , but I’ve run a lot of Chord gear out of a PS Audio Stellar Power Plant 3 (the entry level in PS Audio’s range), and it made a noticeable improvement. My entire rack runs out of it, and I’d never sell it. Blacker background, and cleaner, more focused sound. Better power cables help as well (even with the Power Plant).

3 Likes

Thank you. I don’t know too many people running off of an AC regenerator, so to hear from you and your experience helps. I will look into it.
Doc

The fact power cords on the regenerator make such difference surprises many people, but when you think about it, the regenerator really is an audio component, performing AC-DC-AC conversion. Yup, everything makes a difference in audio unfortunately :rofl:

Yeah, it surprised me too, but it was pretty obvious. Paul McGowan (PS Audio CEO) says as much in one of his YouTube videos - that a good cable is recommended for the power plants.

Waiting for these to charge is going to be hard! Lol

11 Likes

A little morning comparisons over coffee before my little one wakes up! Hugo 2 2 go vs. SP2000T with LCD-5 and the one and only Melody Gardot. Sorry for crappy cell phone picture.

8 Likes

Sharp and well-exposed - I’ve seen (and taken) crappy cell phone pictures and this doesn’t look like one! :grin:

2 Likes

I will be living vicariously through you for a while. :smiley:

1 Like

I can give you some tips on photography if you wish @MRHifiReviews. Lol after all I am legendary for my photography skills.:rofl::rofl:

4 Likes