Current Set-Up Pics - Official Picture Thread

Like Nike says, just do it! :rofl:

1 Like

These Aeolus headphones really sell themselves. :thinking:

2 Likes

Here are my own humble setups, mobile and home: iBasso DX120 + ikko OH1 / Sendy Aiva + Sabaj D5.

11 Likes

Nice photos. Those Sendy’s sure are pretty. Love the continuity of detail with the ‘fish scale’.

4 Likes

Yeah, they are definitely a looker! Even the 4.4 connector at the other end and the 3.5 adapter have the pattern on them. I only wish the other adapters weren’t so expensive, I’d gotten the XLR if it wasn’t $75.

3 Likes

My humble little cave!

17 Likes

Everything TOTL. Very impressive.

3 Likes

Wow what a great setup. You must be very proud of your collection. Some very tasty top end gear. Respect.

2 Likes

Thanks @ValentineLuke! @Torq is the guy to “blame” because I’ve been using his assessments of various gear as they tend to align with what I like/dislike. I’m considering an early “retirement” from the hobby (no more new gear) at least until the SR2a or SR1b is released…hmmm…will probably scoop the Verite Closed before that.

5 Likes

Thanks Paul. Yeah it’s been a great journey so far and I hope it’s near its end…for now!

1 Like

The combination of SR1a and the Vérité, along with the Stellia (and now the Vérité Closed) have, per this thread, upended my setup significantly and are also responsible for a change in my attitude towards the hobby-aspects of the headphone/personal audio world in a similar vein.

For one, I’ve massively downsized my collection of cans and gear. Playing with new stuff is always fun - in its own way - and it has been fascinating to see how far things have come on the less-expensive side of things (the raw performance, objective or subjective, of a Modi 3/Atom/HD6XX combination would have been hard to get at all a few years ago, much less for under $400 total).

BUT … continually playing with new gear, at all points on the price/performance spectrum, comes at the cost of much less time spent listening with my best/favorite gear, which eats into the ultimate level of enjoyment I get from the primary purpose of all of this … enjoying the music.

The practical upshot of which is that I am highly unlikely to bother even listening to new gear, much less writing about it or reviewing it, unless there is a very good chance that it is either an upgrade to my current setup, will replace one or more things I already have, or is new/sufficiently different to warrant adding to my system.

And at present, it’s a very short list of “maybe” items (nothing that’s actually shipping today, and in fact nothing that even will necessarily make it to market) that’s even a candidate for the above.

Funny place to find oneself after the last seven years, but quite a welcome one too!

13 Likes

Haha. That’s why we’re on these forums, for sage advice. Happy listening.

2 Likes

You nailed it…music enjoyment is also my ultimate goal in this hobby and my current gear allows me to reach a blissful state almost constantly!

I’m not a reviewer nor an explorer and given the scarcity of Audio shops where I live, even if I wanted to keep exploring new gear, I would have to buy it just to find out that they’re still below my current standards, then I would have to go through all the hassle to return it, get a refund, etc etc. Thus, I decided to stop that “non-sense” (given the gear I currently own) and wait for truly remarkable products to the likes of the SR1a and VC.

6 Likes

Following @Torq is dangerous…he is the reason for my current setup lol just be glad (or :cry:) you don’t work/live within visiting distance lol…he has all the best toys =)

I highly respect his views on things as they generally align with mine…

He is also the reason I have the Sony A7iii and a new Sony lens fetish lol

Between him and @antdroid my photography hobby has become one of my favorites (I take my camera everywhere I go, the more pictures I take the better at it I’ll get is my reasoning).

6 Likes

I have stopped here, new gear intrigues me but I always ask myself if the added cost would increase the benefit, so far the answer has been,no.

17 Likes

Beautiful set up. I hadn’t realized that the Airist stacks with the RME so well. And those tubes… Very nice.

3 Likes

That was what I was thinking yesterday after I saw the RME video about the latest firmware updates - “how would a stack of RME, Airist and 789 look?”
On drop there are pics of the R-2R on the 789… and I saw lots of RME Adi 2 on 789… but all three are a far away goal with a BC on the side… mounted on the wall between sofa and my listening chair - at least I can dream of it :slight_smile: for a while

@westyjeff / Jeff - what a wonderful setup!
Would you please tell me, what tube (pre-?) Amp you are running? I saw this somewhere in the last days, but
don’t know it and I wonder how is it connected?
RME balanced to 789, Airist with cinch to 789 and the tube? Cinch passthru from 789?
Or any kind of passive xlr switch?

3 Likes

I run the RME into the Cayin HA-300 tube amp and the Airist into the 789 currently, things get changed around every so often.

3 Likes

Thank you -:smiling_face: have it boomarked

Didn’t really get a chance to do this after all the pieces finally arrived, but here’s a quick shot of my primary headphone rig … including the three headphones that are getting the most head-time at the moment (the review set of Vérité Closed I just packaged back up to return to ZMF).

Chord Blu Mk2 (CD Transport & M-Scaler) feeding Chord DAVE, which then drives the Chord Étude to power the SR1a, and also feeds the two Woo WA234 MK2 MONOs.

Other than seeing how the new-production WE 300Bs compare to the Takatsuki and NOS WE 300Bs I don’t envisage any changes on the amplification side of things here, and the sources will be staying put until I come across something I like better (I’ve auditioned everything I can think of at this point, all the way up to the big dCS and MSB sources).

Absent other headphone developments, and the arrival of my own set of MySphere 3.2, this, along with the rest of my current headphone stable looks to be “it” for the foreseeable future.

26 Likes