This is the thread to discuss the new flagship Dan Clark Audio EXPANSE Open-Back Planar Magnetic Headphones.
EXPANSE Highlights provided from Dan Clark Audio
- Patent-pending Acoustic Metamaterial Tuning System (AMTS) delivers unprecedented high-frequency detail and clarity for the ultimate in smoothness, tone, and detail retrieval
- 4th generation v-Planar driver with our largest planar diaphragm to date, delivering exceptional dynamics with vanishingly low distortion for a natural and “easy” listen
- Improved driver tensioning system creates a driver with incredible consistency across units
- FEA and CFD optimized motor structure increases driver motor-force uniformity and smooths acoustic flow
- All-new auto-adjusting suspended strap design makes EXPANSE hassle-free to wear
- Pre-formed ergonomic strap design spreads weight evenly across the head for incredibly comfortable extended listening
- Strap quilting improves comfort and reduces heat buildup
- Composite synthetic suede and protein-leather pads offer a sung fit with minimal clamp, with a pleasant touch on the skin
- Carbon / aluminum bonded cup design yields maximum stiffness with minimum weight
- Folding gimbals allow EXPANSE to be packed in a compact case for safe and easy transport
- Uncompromising industrial design uses aluminum, carbon fiber, and titanium to maximize strength while _ minimizing weight, in a stylish package.
- EXPANSE is designed and built by hand in San Diego, California, and is backed by quality and support you can count on
Looks like there will be units available at CanJam and Headphones.com will also have a unit so impressions should be coming soon!
What do you think of this new flagship from Dan Clark Audio?