Discussion surrounding reviewer incentives, sales, and other issues

You know it’s funny, I don’t think manufacturers are under obligation to send review units to any reviewer or media outlet. They often do so as a way to get the message out about their stuff, or as a courtesy, but it also shouldn’t reflect poorly on them if they don’t want to for whatever reason. I get what you’re saying when it comes to more information on a product from different perspectives being a good thing, but at the same time I don’t think it should be an expectation.

9 Likes

:joy:

rumor’s that the soundstage becomes even more expansive but noise goes up, depending on the time of day.

6 Likes

Dude, Can’t Understand Normal Thinking is what you are. No one has a right to demand this absurd request to a private company, be it ZMF or Apple.

Seriously get off the self-entitled high horse you are on and stop pushing a false narrative, you may not have to agree with a company’s and frankly it is quite irrelevant to keep pestering someone like Zach who is running his business.

@Resolve it’s not funny at all. This whole discussion is quite sad, it comes across as a spoiled brat not getting their way and bitching about it in public. Time for you to let it go too, and get back to discussing qualia.

9 Likes

I’m sorry what thread have you been reading? I did not complain about not receiving a review unit, someone else asked why we didn’t get sent one. Zach is perfectly within his rights to not send one and I don’t fault him for that whatsoever. As I said earlier, I’m perfectly happy to defer to DMS on this, and knowing that they’d prefer me not talk about it on our platform makes me fine with not covering it for the time being.

7 Likes

3 Likes

No need to attack each other. I don’t know, nor you me.
I express my opinion respectfully and @Resolve point is perfectly right. But since zmf chose to send demo units, I asked zach if possible to widen the audience (of reviewers).
No high horse or anything here. Please let’s keep respect, the conversations is not worth attacking each other under hidden usernames.

4 Likes

Zach owes no obligation to “confirm the premise” to you nor to anyone. He can freely choose who he wants to send his headphones to and should not be pressured into sending anything to anyone. Frankly I’m surprised this even gain traction and at this point I feel sorry for both Zach and Andrew as this is surely a matter that should only be discussed between themselves.

8 Likes

Indeed zmf have no obligation. It is a request.
But since, I sense that the subject is getting too personal at this point I retire from further discussions.
My apologies if I inedvertently , or by lack of correct vocabulary, offended anyone

Hard time believing a person who uses a word like “polemic” has “vocabulary issues” but whateva.

If you want to express your opinions, you also have to be willing to accept critique for them. You make an entitled post, people are going to call you on it. Your post wasn’t an “ask” much like your earlier post about Zach missing opportunities wasn’t you saying it was on you… you’re clearly trying to dictate to Zach how to do things to satisfy you and people are calling you on it.

best opinion you’ve had in this thread. respectfully.

7 Likes

This whole thing sickens me… handled extremely poorly by Resolve and the team at headphonesdotcom

What little respect/nostalgia for a place that brought many hours of enjoyment, friendships and learning… is gone…

I’m sure I’ll be banned or censored but, shame on you!

8 Likes

Mods, can you please close this thread? ZMF and headphones.com have both clearly stated their cases, and neither one is blaming the other. We have the facts, I don’t think anyone wants 20 more pages of other people’s opinions.

14 Likes

trying to bring reason to the world… flagged :joy: :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Yeah this is a good request, things are getting off the rails and losing a bit of civility. My hope was that this could be a good discussion on this topic unrelated to ZMF’s request of us, but that seems to remain the focus point, and it’s not fair to them to have this continue.

4 Likes

You did this… not anyone else…

4 Likes

Well no, no I didn’t. But I’m sorry to hear you feel that way about us. This thread was also going just fine until it wasn’t, and so now I’m going to lock it.

8 Likes