DSP, EQ and other Plug-Ins

While having an EQ discussion with @Chrono, some doors were open. Then I stumbled with this EQ I had forgotten in my downloads folder.

Ohh my. I couldn’t love simplicity more. V-shape your world without changing the characteristics of a headphone. I suspect this VST also changes the spacious presentation too.

Algorithm was well designed. From small to moderate boosts/cuts, sound was still very natural in my (still) limited tryouts.

Software demo is worth of 30 minutes – under the caveat of preferences cannot be saved. Reload the project, and another 30 minutes are granted – while settings are lost. But come on, one will be only playing with pretty much 2-3 knobs anyway. 5-10s worth of mouse clicking.

I have been running through a DAW. Kind of physical cumbersome setup I would say. But if one has 2 soundcards (DACs), there you go.

Signal chain used: Google Play Music → Windows Mixer → FiiO K3 S/PDIF out → Focusrite S/PDIF in → REAPER DAW (VSTs) → Focusrite Line out → Headphone amp → Headphone

Here’s an example in action:

DAW project was set in a way that I’m one click away between “No EQ”, “Sonarworks Reference 4”, and the “VST EQ”. Very convenient. :blush:

Headphones used: HD58X and HD600. Picture above represents a suggested settings for the latter.

If I continue liking this VST I’ll probably purchase a license in their next sale.

Happy EQ’ing. Cheers.

2 Likes