Favorite Purchase(s) of 2019

Hey, don’t blame me. I keep telling you to save your money and keep listening to your box, but noooooooo… You go and listen to @Torq instead. Speaking of Mr. Instigator, is Torq on vacation or something? He’s been quiet.

5 Likes

Yeah, he is on holiday =)

I blame you for my impulsive ZMF Ziricote addiction :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7 Likes

Oh, yeah, it’s possible that’s my fault. sorry not sorry

6 Likes

With respect to headphones, it’s this one…Aeolus Bubinga. :grinning:

10 Likes

Hands down, Sony - WH-1000XM3 Noise Canceling headphones. I caught a pair on a deep discount and they have transformed my work environment and productivity. Even mowing the lawn is enjoyable now that I don’t have to crank the crap out of the volume the hear music/podcasts over the mower or leaf blower. I added a Dragonfly Cobalt with a wired connection over the holidays and now my work space is just about perfect.

9 Likes

Welcome @FrostyBud

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @FrostyBud! I just received a Cobalt and I’m really enjoying it (I’ll be posting a review on its thread, AudioQuest Dragonfly Cobalt USB DAC/AMP - Official Thread).

4 Likes

Favorite purchases:
Early year buys…
iFi pro-iDSD
ZMF Aeolus

Late year…
Hiby R6 pro
Audeze LCD-i4

9 Likes

Early 2019:

Liquid platinum by Alex Cavalli (tube hybrid)
Schiit Mjolnir 2 (tube hybrid)
LOTS of tubes, somewhere in the neighborhood of 70 pairs. (When that tube bug bites, Holy Schiit)
THX AAA 789
Airist R2R dac

Late 2019:

Meze 99 Noir (Drop edition) fun headphone
Focal Elegia (Holy Schiit moment, awesome closed back)
Chord Mojo (really nice little dac/amp)
Soundaware P1 (headphone amp)

4 Likes

Hi and welcome @FrostyBud. Not heard it myself but it seems like a good choice. There’s plenty of folk who love it.

2 Likes

I haven’t purchased a great deal in the past 12 months apart from my beloved 64 Audio U18t’s from Headphones.com. As always Tarron was fantastic in his help and went above and beyond for me. By the way I love my U18t it lacks the immediate wow factor of my Andromeda but is better in every other regard.

7 Likes

This year I get a lot of gear.

Headphones: utopia, he1000 v2, zmf autuer teak.
Iem: solaris, kahn, hyla te5b.
Amp: headamp gsx mini.
Daps: cayin n6ii, sp1000 + sp1000amp.

The best was utopia with gsx mini (using rme adi 2 dac)
Sp1000 with noble kahn with 4.4 effect audio leonidas II (using pentaconn adapter)

6 Likes

My best purchase of 2019 would have to be the IEMs that have remained my favourite thus far, the Hidition Viento. Goes to show that you don’t need the fanciest bells and whistles to sound good.

8 Likes

Welcome aervo! You inspired me to take a chance on those and I’m excited for them to come, though only universal (for now).

5 Likes

Nice. Welcome to the forum.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @aervo

Welcome.

Didn’t buy a lot in 2019 ($ pretty tight), but I did pick up a used set of Focal Elex for $400, and am very impressed with them. For 400, I just don't think I can do any better. They are not the best headphones for background listening, as they tend to distract me from anything other than music (usually reading) but that is actually a good thing. If I want a more relaxing/less distracting listen I have some 6xx that do just fine for that. The Sundaras are somewhere in between. I don't anticipate any other additions in 2020, as improvements would require more than I have.

7 Likes

Welcome FrostyBud, yep I bought a Sony also the noise canceling is amazing, sound is decent also, I also have it paired to a Dragon Fly Red in my case or Es100 v2 if you ever want to make wired cans wireless as in not less wires just wireless it’s a thing.
This year been busy been trying to be Drop’s best customer since I got
hd 6Xx, hd 58x, hifi 4xx, hifi 5xx, tin p1, 789thx plus Singxer sa1, Flux Fa10pro in transit and last set of Campfire Polaris v2 from headlamp.com
Not to mention Fiio Fh7, Fd5 nuts there’s a lot of money spent here but yea good year

1 Like