Fiio FT1

I’ve been looking for another closed wired headphone - love the sound of the AKG K371 and haven’t had any issues with its build (bought that because of @Chrono review), my only niggle is the microphonic cable which is almost impossible to avoid because of its exit angle.
DMS’s recent review of the FT1 has got me enthusiastic about that, probably the alternative at a slightly higher price point is the HD569 which I appreciated @listen_r thoughts on. I’m interested in help in the following:

• I can’t find published 5128 measurements of the FT1, has headphones.com measured it yet? Would love to see a comparison with the K371 and HD569 if possible.
  • For those who have compared any of these what are your thoughts? I really enjoy the K371 sound signature. I wear (thin) glasses so am probably getting slightly less bass than Harman and am happy with it, sometimes the treble is a tiny bit edgy, never annoying but probably could manage with slightly less around 5-7k. I wouldn’t complain about slightly more sub bass (i.e. <50hz).

Glad for any thoughts and especially pointers to measurement comparisons, especially 5128 if possible.
Thanks for the reviews and love watching the live streams (after the event!).

5 Likes

I have one and use with Moondrop Dawn Pro, I am satisfied.
You may like this review with measurements.

3 Likes

I was considering the Moondrops for the FT1. How is the bass with the Moondrops? Every dongle DAC I have tried so far has been neutral and very treble leaning.

You should look at the reviews

I think the FT1 can have good bass with anything…

1 Like

I have the Fosi Audio DS2’s and they are too trebely (yikes) for me. I want something warmer and with some more low end.

I had the K371s for a hot second and I like the FT1s way more. To be fair, I like bass and the bass is cleaner to me on the FT1s. The FT1s are more comfortable for me too, in comparison to the K371s.

1 Like

Look at Andy table at 16:51

and

Btw, the FiiO JA11 has Equalizer

That JA11 looks good but I think you can only do sound customizations on android. The Tanchjim might be interesting.

AFUL Snowy Night
Warmer/Safer/Richer

My review is there too, and I recommended this Dongle to everyone.
As of now, I wouldn’t recommend getting one of these.

The sound is excellent but not for portable use. Two of them got damaged with me doing anything ever so slightly serious to them.

1 Like

Popped into Singapore this afternoon, no FT1’s to be found but had a listen to the Meze 99 Classic and Neo. Neo didn’t have enough sub bass for me but the Classic seemed good, actually better than I had expected based on reviews/measurements (in fact I hadn’t really been considering them at all). Will have to do more investigation.
Tried the HD620S, sounds good, comfortable and pretty solid, a tad deep bass light for me, but I think it just lacked a little sparkle up top. I did prefer the Azurys although they’re more sensitive so may have just been the higher volumes I was getting (did try to compensate for this). For me the Focals just look too ‘flashy’ and attention drawing :slight_smile:
I’m very tempted to just order the FT1.
Unfortunately also decided to check out “The Hangout”, took the chance to try the Dusk 2 and was so blown away I had to buy them on the spot.

1 Like