Focal Celestee - Closed-Back Headphones - Official Discussion Thread

Its almost black dude. Open your eyes.

Also. Timbre?

Has that Focal metallic sheen to it or…?

Bass seems less emphasized between 80-200, nice!

Can you compared to Stellia, pretty please?

haha you had me there for a sec.

Stellia is more detailed, Celestee is a bit more balanced - but… given a choice between the two I’d take the Stellia.

1 Like

Sorry, I meant the graph :stuck_out_tongue:

Impressions are welcome, too, of course!

Man, these look similar to your AirPods Max graphs… :mask:

1 Like

Do they sound like the rest of the Focals? I assume so?

Let’s find out. The main difference is that the APM lacks ear gain - with the ‘AudeBeats’ kind of sound. Celestee more appropriately elevates for where the ear amplifies frequencies.

While preference plays a big role in this stuff, the thing with headphone tunings is that for the most part, stuff above 1khz has been figured out, and at the very least some level of ear gain is desirable. Everything below that is far more debatable.

2 Likes

I agree. I bought a pair of Stellia to replace my Elegias, but realized there is no way I’d ever be able to take the Stellias to work - they’re far too noticeable and flashy. They Celestee are pretty, but again, they call too much attention to themselves. What I like about the Elegias is that unless you know what you’re looking at, nothing about them screams “these cost a fortune”. Even the Utopia is fairly discrete. Ironically, the flashy Focals are all closed-back, and therefore something one might listen to away from home. I wish they’d make a version of the Stellia that’s black.

6 Likes

Yeah, it’s definitely still very nice looking, as per the live stream and as Megane puts it, it’s not too eccentric. I would feel more comfortable wearing the Celestee over the Stellias on public transit and in public places.

1 Like

Nice. Could you also add the measurement of the Stellia?

I haven’t measured it yet.

1 Like

Can you measure how the Elegia with the Celestee pads performs? In the stream you said that the subbass is still less but how do the other parts of the FR change?

These are stunning cans to look at!

I laud the efforts in measuring the response, but for me its always the listening experience with my “ears”.

Mentioning that these are the hardest headphones to measure based on the clamping force etc I would take these measurements with a “grain of salt.”

Knowing the quality and efforts Focal puts into their products makes me want to try these against the Stellias, side by side and pick one.

1 Like

@Resolve 's video review for the Celestee is up!

15 Likes

Andrew is knowledgeable, but his voice doesn’t sound nearly as sexy :man_shrugging: :wink:

4 Likes

I disagree. There’s been many of nights where I’ve put on Resolve’s review playlist just to hear his soothing voice.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Is that a nice way of saying that @Resolve 's reviews put you to sleep?

Edit: imagine falling asleep to the soothing voice of resolve and then YouTube follows it with Zeos :flushed:

7 Likes

Difference between sleep and decompression.

Oh I listen to Z when I workout. He has his own playlist. Motivation man!