Focal Celestee - Closed-Back Headphones - Official Discussion Thread

Ok, that’s what I thought. Sounds good!
I’m interested to see what else they come out with too.

1 Like

When will these start shipping?

Here are my first impressions:

Bottom line, I like these a lot. Measurements to come later today.

17 Likes

Looking forwards to the full review!

1 Like

Really enjoyed the live stream today, I think you did an outstanding job hosting it, I think just about every question I had was addressed and answered. Now I’m a little torn, I have both the Elegia and the Stellia the Elegia is my portable Focal and the Stellia resides in my listening space next my arm chair permanently attached to the Arche. I really like the look of the Celestee and I’m a fan of Focal’s tuning, but I’m not sure I need an intermediary headphone between the 2. I’ll be eagerly looking forward to hearing more about your impressions for sure!

1 Like

Easy, get rid of the Elegia and just have the Stellia and Celestee.

2 Likes

Those are insanely gorgeous looking! I look forward to your full review.

4 Likes

If you have the Stellia, does it make sense to have. Celestee? When and why would you reach for the Celestee when you can reach for the Stellia? Serious question

1 Like

wallet slowly cries as it knows more expensive things are being added to the must-have list

6 Likes

Hello and welcome!

When travelling mostly, something cheaper to lug around and not worry much if/when it gets damaged. Also something less bling so you don’t stand out.

I think it’s important to remain calm and not fall prey to the hype. Let’s wait until many different reviews have come out and let’s see where the overall consensus falls.

6 Likes

I don’t know if I would describe the Celestee as less bling but it’s still a headphone you will see me wearing on Vancouver transit. Hopefully one day an audio blog will write about seeing me on public transit wearing them.

2 Likes

Timbre?

I’ve found all the other Focals are bit unnatural.

Beautiful cans. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I think my issue is that these are too nice looking to be portable. The Elegia is industrial looking and while I’ve never treated them poorly, I’ve never much cared if they got a ding or a scratch. If the Celestee sounds appreciably different then the Stellia then I’ll probably add them to my lineup… leaning that way anyway… the more I get into IEM’s, the less I feel like dragging around over ear cans.

1 Like

Thanks, makes sense. I only listen at home so the mobility aspect doesn’t apply to me. I will wait for reviews and opinions to see if purchasing makes sense since I have the Stellia

My question is did I not hear @Resolve say they are release 3 new headphones? Did I hear that wrong.

We know Utopia is remaining, they dropped a newer model for the year. I think Focal needs something in the 2000-2500 range that’s in between the lines

2 Likes

Finally finished with the GRAS measurements. At the moment I’ve only been able to do the right channel because Focal closed-backs are some of the most difficult headphones to measure I’ve ever come across. The reason for this is that the response varies so dramatically depending on the clamp force. At the moment this is how the Celestee measures on the GRAS43AG, but I may add in-ear mic measurements as well in the near future.

Vs Harman 2018 (I used this because it’s surprising how close it gets to this)

Celestee vs Radiance

14 Likes

Simply seeing the FR chart, it looks like a somewhat darker sounding. I could be wrong though.

Darker than what? I certainly wouldn’t describe the Celestee as dark.

1 Like