Focal Clear - Official Picture Thread

I am into audio and I would have bought these…but @ValentineLuke beat me to it :wink:

1 Like

Haha you’ve been there done that. Bigger and better things for you SR1A cough, cough.

2 Likes

:laughing:

What are we, brothers?! (We are in my eyes)

We can both have these, Tyler. It’s like Oprah, “You get a pair of Clear Pros, you get a pair of Clear Pros!..” :blush:

2 Likes

These have been a tough decision… these or keep HD800S. One will go and one will stay. Going to give these some more time. But they get better the more I listen to them.

2 Likes

That is the thing about Focal headphones…they kind of underwhelm initially…but the more you listen to them the more you pick up all the nuance/detail/tonal balance/speed/etc… and the more you realize how good they really are.

Where as a lot of other TOTL headphones have one or two big features that WOW you right away… it’s like an action movie vs an academy awards movie… or more appropriate a shot of high quality tequila, very delicious but hits hard and fast…vs sipping on a good whiskey. Both will entertain or get you drunk respectively…but it’s the journey that matters sometimes :wink:

4 Likes

Yeah that’s what happened with my elegia and aeon 2 closed. I wasn’t expecting much from the elegia and then just like that, the aeon 2 was gone lol.

2 Likes

Yeah… the Elegia is some kind of special…it doesn’t wow, or brow beat you. But, just smooth talks you into ear bliss lol… waxing poetic over here on my second dram of whiskey lol

2 Likes

The aeon wasn’t bad but I just really enjoyed the elegia. It had that ‘it’ factor for me for a closed back. I’d love to hear the stellia.

2 Likes

I think I’ll be getting a Stellia in the next couple days or so… I’ll do a back to back with the Elegia when I do =)

2 Likes

Oof! Sounds like a plan! I’ll be curious to your take. I’ve heard it’s V shaped and different but still detailed. If it were in the clear price range I probably would have grabbed it over the clear and elegia. But then again I wouldn’t be looking at focals if it weren’t for my beloved elegia haha. I honestly didn’t need another open back like the clear but we’re here.

2 Likes

5 Likes

I have been looking for the next “better” headphone since I bought the Clears for $999.

HD880s, Anandas, etc and I keep coming back to the Clears…just amazing tonality…and paired with a my TUBA is just bliss here…so I think I an done for awhile…

Are there other cans out there as good or better…most likely but the overall perf on all kinds if stuff is just great here…

The TUBA amp is running wide open with little negative feedback and its a very nice accurate sound…

Great things come in Grey and Red and Black packages!!! lol

Alex

5 Likes

I’m really enjoying them. They have a very pleasantly accurate sound. They’re not perfect, but they’re damned good.

I have an an idea as to what my next headphone will be, most likely another planar (something about speed and fullness), but I’ll be upgrading my electronics first.

I definitely see myself adding another Focal, however. They’ve nailed low impedance efficiency, and I find myself wanting to have a pair with their infamous beryllium drivers…

4 Likes

Unclear Clear

I do love them, actually.

3 Likes

That says it all!!

:>)

3 Likes

Asked and answered!

Now that’s something to think about!

1 Like

…and then there are some if us that had a crack, a crackatowa and a mainline!!
sold all of them kept the crack!

2 Likes

Wowza! To clarify, the Crack you have now and recommend is with SB? I’m likely to get it without first in order to experience both.

2 Likes

Yes with speedball…the CCS “Constant Current Source” mod…really Camille Cascode…

Camille Cascode Constant Current Source upgrade…

1 Like

Thanks - I’ll look into that. There’s a Valhalla 2 B stock selling for $299; no Lyr 3s.

1 Like