General purchase advice: Ask your questions/for advice here!

Thanks pennstac. I was iron deficient as a child and have developed a love for spinach. And, spinach soufflé from pennstac promises doubly delicious enticement. You are an enjoyable online personality which I have become fond of and confident that I may learn a thing or two about online forum etiquette. Lacking tact and poise, it has become increasingly difficult for me to not include the word “garbage” when using the word “Topping” in sentences. These words have developed into synonyms in my vernacular.
Vernacular
vernacular
Each time I recommend that people stay away from garbage or in this case, Topping garbage, your idea to link to where I have referenced saying it earlier is a splendid suggestion that would definitely aid in assisting new users. Deep down I believe that friends don’t let friends Topping garbage. Subjectively speaking of course. However, the use of failed manufacturing practices by Topping is an objective matter. I will attempt to link to where I had posted about Topping amplifiers having been manufactured in a way that they arrive malfunctioning new in the box from the factory.
The prime example being having posted about the garbage potentiometer that is used in many of the Topping amplifiers including the Topping A90 that the poster is considering. Topping installs their volume knobs with hand pressure. The representative for Topping stated that this is why some arrive in a broken state to their customers since the potentiometer loses contact from the board as the solder points fail from the pressure of installing the knob. Also, some customers have asked why their amplifiers are broken after they change the knob. The representative stated that this is also because applying pressure pulling to remove the factory knob breaks the solder joints on the circuit board where the potentiometer has been soldered, and thereby loses contact from the board. This was covered in detail earlier in another post including a very illuminating photo regarding the poor quality of Topping as you can see from my discussion HERE: Your Favorite YouTube reviewers - #148 by hottyson

1 Like