Grado Hemp - Official Thread

This is the place to discuss all things Grado Hemp: https://www.headphones.com/products/grado-hemp?_pos=1&_sid=1e92c2c79&_ss=r

This headphone has been reviewed by a few folks, myself included. Check out the reviews here:

For those who are wondering about the tuning, here are the measurements:

Default tuning is typically Grado with the midrange honk around 2khz - but these do have a bit better bass extension than some of the other models.

With Geekria Pads:

In general, the tuning isn’t for me, but they do remind me of the Sennheiser HD800s in some respects - like the shifted upper mid to lower treble kind of balance. They also have a decent soundstage on them. So, not my kind of thing but I can understand why someone might like this. Those who are treble sensitive should probably look elsewhere though.

10 Likes

I first saw these a few months ago; I like the concept and the price! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Would love to see measurements with the pads from beautiful audio and/or shipibo! Curious to see how they compare with the geekria ones, as they are very different. I’m also curious to see how the Hemps compare to the new 325x. In theory, the only difference between the 325x and the Hemp should be the housing being in wood vs metal right?

shipibo.audio and beautifulaudio.biz are the websites for the pads i mentioned btw!

1 Like

I love my sr80e’s, and I’m honestly considering picking these up. The only thing I’m worried about is if I’m paying a lot extra for the jokes, or if it’s actually worth the entire $420. It definitely sounds like they are good though, even for my use, and the novelty of it is just great, so even if it isn’t “worth” it I may end up just getting it anyway.
Looks neat.