Hart Audio Cables (thoughts)

A while back I converted a $35 Koss Porta Pro to the Hart system. In doing that, I learned exactly how the cables are put together. My take is that Hart’s method is far superior to heat shrink. Those little connectors have 3-4 interlocking and threaded pieces. While the cable exit hole is a large fixed diameter, it serves as a shock and over-bending absorber. Finally, Hart’s system can be disassembled for changes and repairs, while heat shrink must be cut off and destroyed. Heat shrink tubing is a very cheap and basic product.

In sum, I greatly prefer the Hart build.

Psychologically, yes, Hart’s cables feel very light. I use mine in compact and mobile scenarios so that’s a good thing. I also use my factory 3 meter cables for large and stationary setups. Hart cables may indeed be too lightweight for setups that will see heavy use or abuse.

Regarding Periapt, I’ve been on the fence but rejected them expressly because of that huge honking melted neck join. It’s too big and it’s also permanent. Hart uses high quality serviceable hardware. All of it is serviceable.

6 Likes