HiFiMan Susvara Over-Ear Planar Headphone - Official Thread

Hi - I am a new (last 2 months) Susvara owner. I have read through the whole thread, so have a lot to comment on but here will just confine my comments to the EQ profile. I am a Roon user, and my chain is Roon (on a 2017 MacAir 13- I acknowledge the limits of this)–> Sonore Optical Rendu–> D90SE (DAC mode) → Burson 3xP, high gain. Given my chain, my impression needs to be read cautiously. YMMV given your chain. My preference is for clean/textured but impactful bass, present mids, detailed treble (not sensitive in this region) and deep/wide soundstage. I use EQ often and liberally, since in Roon it is so easy to tweak. I compared Sus on a range of mostly EDM with some orchestral elements (eg Caritas by Deadmau5), and went back and forth using @Resolve’s EQ profile and no EQ. Unquestionably, the EQ profile bass is more impactful, and the mids are more forward and present, though I found it a bit harder to pick up some of the treble details up top. If I had to choose I would probably stick with “no EQ”- I find bass texture most fits my prefs w/o it. Headphone Show’s Chronos provides an alternative EQ profile here which I find a better fit to my preferences; however, I find little lacking in the Susvara’s SQ w/o EQ.

2 Likes