HiFiMan Susvara Over-Ear Planar Headphone - Official Thread

How would you compare the Dave/WA33/Susvara to your Bartok/Bakoon/Susvara?

Does anyone have experience with the Susvara and the Stellaris together?

Stellaris, no, but the Stratus is underwhelming with the Susvara.
Gets loud enough, not a terrible listen.

2 Likes

Just got a chance to do some measurements on the Susvara. I still have lots more to do so this is just the preliminary result:

This is my favorite headphone for a reason. Not only does it have top tier detail and microdynamic ability, but itā€™s also got solid macro contrast, along with being reasonably spacious. All of this is underscored by the fact that itā€™s super comfy to wear! Something that can only be said about one other planar in this tier - the Abyss Diana Phi with DMS pad mods. The tradeoff there is that the Diana Phi could use some tuning adjustment around 10khz (and maybe a few other places), and the Susvara absolutely nails it.

So farā€¦ this is the best sounding headphone Iā€™ve heard. I think you could find other headphones that do one thing or another better - like HD800s is more spacious, and HE-6 slams harderā€¦ but this is the complete package in my opinion, where the rest have a compromise in one area or another. Of course it costs a crazy amountā€¦ so they probably know that.

15 Likes

What chain did you use with the Susvara?

1 Like

Magni 3 heresy. All amps sound the same, and speaker amps make no difference :wink:

EDIT: this was a jokeā€¦

3 Likes

Haha well isnā€™t that some schiitā€¦
May have to sell what I have and rethink this whole process.

Iā€™m jokingā€¦ mostly haha. I just swapped to the Feliks Euforia. Iā€™ll have to spend more time with it on different sources. Hoping to try out that Bakoon.

2 Likes

Haha Yeah I figured.
Euphoria and Bakoon seem sweet.
Iā€™d look at the Susvara but I donā€™t want to run into a situation and not be able to drive them properly. May be able to do it out of the back of the tt2. Itā€™ll be a bit before I take that step, if I even do.

High current amps seem like a good idea for this type of planar.

1 Like

I would imagine. Seems like it needs a nuclear power plantā€¦

1 Like

20 characters

6 Likes

all amps definitely do not sound the same, you undermine your argument and points when you say thatā€¦the bakoon is a terrific choice IMHO

I was jokingā€¦ I probably shouldā€™ve put that disclaimer in the post.

2 Likes

This was pretty obvious Resolve was joking. Letā€™s not be crazy hereā€¦lol
The magi isnā€™t driving something like the Susvara haha.

2 Likes

I apologize then, sadly I have spoken to people in various places who will actually argue that DACā€™s and amps all sound the sameā€¦

2 Likes

No need to apologize! Helen Keller would most likely agree :grin:

2 Likes

We had one of those folks visit here a few months ago. He may have been joking about that event.

1 Like

All of my amps would sound the same if trying to power the Susvara :smiley:

6 Likes

Weā€™re giving away a Susvara for the month of June.

15 Likes