HiFiMan Susvara Over-Ear Planar Headphone - Official Thread

Anyone have experience with the Hifiman EF400 powering the Susvara? Haven’t been able to find many reviews on it. In the meantime, waiting for a Cayin iHA-6 to arrive.

1 Like

I don’t but if it’s any indication…when I asked about the ef1000 at the Hifiman booth at Canjam to try with Susvara they said they only had the 400. I asked if it could power my Sus and neither of the Hifiman guys recommended it. So I didn’t even bother to get it out to try.

1 Like

Measurements&Review of HiFiMan EF400 R2R DAC/HPAmp - L7Audiolab had it tested, it does not measure well (like audibly distinguishable). But it is powerfull.
The lessons learned I can give is: I have the sp400 which is similarly powerfull (around 4 amps at 50ohms (with 4v dac output) , and it drives the susvara well, but if you eq the bass, say, 4db (like I do) you’ll feel that you need the volume at close to max, which is not good for the longevity of the amp itself. I suspect the ef400 being similar in that regard. If you don’t eq, then ignore the second part of my comment.

The “Hifiman guys” are salesmen (not engineers). If they’re doing their job well, then they’ll wanna recommend their most expensive offering, to get good commissions out of it (And get hired for the next event; 'cause I’ll bet they are seasonal freelancers).

1 Like