Ifi Audio hip-dac Dac/headphone amplifier

@SebastienChiu

The hip-dac is an incredible piece of gear. What it gives you for the price is a lot more than I ever expected. Cool design, solid feeling, a good amount of power, a useful bass boost function, balanced drive, nice volume knob.

The only two things I would really want to change is ditch the usb A data connection for usb C and a larger capacity battery, if it is possible without making the unit bigger.

But I love my hip-dac as it is, it’s such a neat little package.

3 Likes

Aye. USB c to rule them all.

1 Like

I want the same thing for hip-dac 2.0 xD

1 Like

“The iFi hip-dac, is simply put, the best-looking portable DAC we’ve ever seen… We were impressed by just how much of a difference the hip-dac made to the sound of our headphones; even when using some of the best headphones we’ve ever tested” - @techradar

Read the full review here:

2 Likes

Woke up this morning to find that my hip dac is broken somehow and only has output to the left channel. :frowning:

Hi James!

Can you open up a support ticket with us here? We’ll start the RMA process for you.

https://support.ifi-audio.com/open.php

3 Likes

Just wanted to say thanks for your support of the forum, and the community @SebastienChiu .

3 Likes

Appreciate the compliments! Happy to help always.

3 Likes

@SebastienChiu is the real deal good dude!! Plus anyone that likes Star Wars is good peeps in my book !!

3 Likes

Thanks, buddy! Appreciate the kind words.

3 Likes

I love the style and colour of the iFi. It really does look like a Hip Flask too.

3 Likes

You’re right! Cheers!

3 Likes

I can’t get over how good it matches my blue OP8 Pro as well, so nice stacked together.

1 Like

Awesome stuff mate, glad you’re loving our little beast!

1 Like

I just received my new HIP DAC. Purchased right here at headphones dot com. I love the bass boost. But there is a very serious problem when used with my iPhone 11 Max. Every time I use the keyboard with either mobile Safari, Chrome or Firefox, the music stops during every keystroke I enter! I have an Audioquest Cobalt Dragonfly and it DOES NOT show such problems.

Can anyone shed some light. Would hate to return this little beauty.

Problem exists w all 3 pair of my headphones. Using SE mode only as I do not have Penticon

1 Like

That’s very odd.

Let me check in on this with our team tomorrow and see if we have any solutions for you.

Glad you are enjoying it otherwise!

Just an idea: does this have anything to do with the keyboard typing sound being enabled? To turn it off:

• Tap on Settings > Sounds & Haptics.
  • Scroll down to reveal Keyboard clicks.
  • Set Keyboard Clicks to Off .
1 Like

Good suggestion! I’ll give it a try.

So I have a weird situation happening.
My hipdac is working all fine and good except when I try to use my LZ A6mini (LZ A6mini)
For whatever reason when I plug these in I get a gawd-awful squealing noise. It’ll happen regardless of what source I’m using (heck, it even squeals if the hipdac isn’t connected to anything). It will only happen on the balanced output though, SE is fine. I’ve tried a couple of cables with the same results, and I’m not entirely inclined to think it’s a problem with the Hipdac since this is the only pair of IEMs that make this freakish sound.
Would it be possible that it’s the piezo tweeter in the A6M that would be creating RFI - really the only diff. I can see from the rest of my IEMs