iFi Audio - Official Brand Thread

Got it. I was referring to not being a repeat customer from a seller who can’t give you more than 6 words.

2 Likes

Hey y’all ~ anything I can to help clarify return policies?

I can reach out directly and ask the team members who are responsible for handling the Amazon relationship and know this stuff back and front.

Just let me know!

5 Likes

I’ll see what I can do regarding a Neo unit for this forum specifically. We already have quite a few units out and about so it may be a little.

Would you folks have any interest in doing a tour specific to the iDSD Signature? I’d probably need a minimum threshold of 7-10 folks to get one going. I’ll see what I can do for both! PM me if you’re seriously interested and I’ll make a note to keep track.

Not to plug other forums, but there is another tour on Audiotiers going with the Signature that just got announced as well!

6 Likes

That would be interesting. In particular, I’d like to try the Pro iESL. And some of the reviewers, like @MRHifiReviews want to do some estat reviews, but don’t have a decent amp. I’d like to find out how it differs from my Mjolnir - modifed STAX SRM-T1S Tube amp.

4 Likes

Howdy!

I think it’s figured out with the policies. Maybe just give the team a little feedback: Response time on the question was excellent, but more detailed answers would be appreciated. All good.

4 Likes

I think plenty of people here might be interested in the Neo or Signature. I’m interested in more of full sized and featured items like the Pro line. (But I’ve already tried those.)

4 Likes

Congratulations to ifi Audio for developing the iDSD Signature!

There are a couple of reasons why I appreciate this piece beyond measure:

1.) In Eco mode and the ultra sensitivity setting, the sensitive CA Andro’s are dead silent, you can’t even begin to hear any background noise.

2.) With the drive power available in Turbo Mode, these drive my 600 Ohm headphones with ease and still have a lot of reserve for more headroom.

3.) With the bit-perfect filter, an incredible number of details can be perceived in the sound recordings and these are then reproduced crystal clear.

4.) The xBass is not just a bass boost in the conventional sense, but structures it in a perceptible way and “warms” the sound a little more. Which harmonizes perfectly with my HD800S’es

5.) Surprisingly, especially on this device, the 3D function is fantastic.
Unlike other models, it does not create a sonic hollow space, but develops a very well structured, enlarged stage that allows you to clearly perceive where and what is positioned without even appearing artificial.

6.) The bottom line is that all these qualities have been implemented in such a high quality at the requested price and that in a mobile device that allows absolute flexibility, makes the iDSD Signature for me personally the HiFi product of the year 2020.
Even before the NEO and the Zen models.

Should ifi renew its pro models in the foreseeable future and then offer the appropriate quality in a price-performance ratio, I will have to rethink the upcoming purchase of a high-end solution, in which the Chord Hugo TT2 with M-Scaler or the Audiovalve Solaris are currently in my sights .

6 Likes

Same here or if it ever happens the Hugo 3 :man_shrugging: but I’m happy at the moment so we’ll see.

3 Likes

Thanks for the wonderful feedback and mini review ~ drop this in our Signature or iFi brand thread so we don’t detract too far away from the discussion pertaining to the Andromeda! No hijacking here :slight_smile:

In regards to your search for something akin to a step up from the Pro iDSD, I’d recommend holding off on anything until you see what we have coming the line (soon™) since you like the Signature, it’s form factor, and options.

6 Likes

Not bad news at all :+1: :wink:

1 Like

Wish I could say more! When I can, you’ll hear about it everywhere!

2 Likes

Hi Sebastien, after reading @Lothar_Wolf’s review, I’d certainly be interested in doing a tour. I’m probably more interested in the top secret upcoming stuff, but with the assumption that the world will be a better place in 2021, I probably need a travel DAC/amp too.

Does iFi have a “house sound”? So for instance, if I liked the iDSD Signature, could I reliably assume that I’d like other iFI equipment too?

1 Like

Yep, you can!

The exception is the xCan, which doesn’t have a Burr Brown chip but sounds fantastic on its own.

3 Likes

Well what’s the fun of that? You can tell us. We won’t leak it, or even say who spilled the beans.

2 Likes

If any of you guys want the shot at winning a hip-dac, check out Christmas giveaway! We’re updating it every week!

Hop over here: https://ifi-audio.com/win/

2 Likes

“Entering your email grants you a single entry into the prize draw.”
Enter it where?

Let me check in with that for you!

Mistake on my end ~ thought today USA time was the last day of the competition but it was actually in UK time and already in.

We’ll be back Monday with another giveaway!

1 Like

Not to plug other forums, but Audiotiers already has a tour of the Signature approved on our end ~ it’ll be the quickest way to get one in your hands unless you have a distributor locally and can demo one:

I’ll reach out to Taron, Theo, and the team here to see if we can do a Signature specific to you all as well!

The top-secret stuff is [redacted] (hahaha, can you tell I’m excited about it?)!

I’m sure @Lothar_Wolf can also chime in on the sound, but yes, I do believe we have a “house sound” coming from someone who’s listened/owned anything from Schiit to Chord. In a nutshell, I’d describe it as slightly on the warm side and musical (some more than others depending on the unit). For example, I’d describe the Signature as having more of a neutral warm sound vs the Neo which would be more on the warmer end.

The xCAN sounds different due to a variety of things, including not having a Burr-Brown as Lothar mentioned, but still retains the overall feel of the iFi sound that folks know and love. Hope this helps!

3 Likes

@SebastienChiu, will ifi be replacing the iTube 2? It’s currently out of stock/unavailable via the Amazon link from ifi’s website.

Thanks!

1 Like