iFi Audio - Official Brand Thread

Thanks Sebastian.

BTW, I wanted to say that I appreciate that you’ve joined the forum as an audio enthusiast who happens to work for iFi. It’s nice that you’re able to answer our questions about iFi products (except apparently top secret ones :angry:), but I also enjoy reading your posts about your own experiences with other equipment.

4 Likes

Appreciate that mate. It’s how I value relationships with anyone, in general.

Before previously working for Noble for two years, I was exploring the entry-level parts of the hobby already for two years (around IEMs and portable dac/amps). I developed a passion first, then got into freelancing for Noble by happy accident ~ being in the right place at the right time, knowing where my skills could be of best fit, and with that, a bit of excitement that went a long way.

To my surprise, Noble kept me on for nearly two years (which if you’ve ever freelanced, you know how you lucky you are to have a client on retainer that long). I’m incredibly grateful for the mentorship and chance to experiment I got at Noble, because it really helped me discover not only my tastes as an enthusiast, but also myself as an professional. I got some really cool experiences, try some monitors that will unfortunately never see the light of day, and meet some fantastic people online and at the Canjams I’ve been able to attend.

Once my contract ended, I thought I was out of audio for good and was originally planning to follow more of a traditional P.R. path in the agency world, but then again life finds away. It’s been awesome at iFi since I joined officially start of November, and I can’t wait to see where it goes from here. Frankly, I’m just grateful to be employed during this strange year, but even more so with an industry working directly with communities that I’ve called home in one way or another. It’s also incredibly rare for folks of my talent level to be basically considered in house, and I couldn’t pass up the opportunity when it was presented to me.

There’s me in a nutshell. Hope I didn’t get too emo, lol.

Re: the top-secret stuff…I would give hints if I could, but yall will hear about it directly from me as soon as I can.

8 Likes

Last calls to win a ZEN CAN this week, don’t forget to enter!

1 Like

Keep an eye out for more, incoming! :wink:

3 Likes

@SebastienChiu that is not much of a teaser. I could do red circles with a sharpie.

We want Oprah style teasers - Reach under your desk chair, There’s a Red Pontiac for YOU and a Red Pontiac for YOU!. At least a coupon code for 50 cents off!

5 Likes

Maybe?!? :shushing_face:

1 Like

Can’t confirm or deny :smiley:

Patience will be rewarded!

1 Like

What about

2 Likes

Closer… :wink:

Hahaha.

The proud new owner of a ZEN Dac here! Wonderful pairing with my 6xx, really makes it sing.

7 Likes

Thanks very much! Glad you’re having a great time with it.

1 Like

Another tease to tickle your fancy!

2 Likes

Re: The AMR/iFi Support Ticket System

We are very proud of the AMR/iFi Support Ticket System (STS). It is run by real people based in the UK and USA who work around local office hours. And some even pop in at the weekend too, but this is purely voluntary.

Throughout our team, we have different levels of technical knowledge.

As of today, we receive approximately 70:30 iFi and non-iFi audio related questions. Please bear in mind the questions are usually quite technical and a simple first reply seldom means a ticket can be closed.

Hence, we have to spend time helping each and every customer be they an iFi or non-iFi audio customer.

Our turnaround time is 24-48 hours and we try our best to meet this but from time to time, we can be extremely busy with many tickets.

So, we thank you and ask for your patience during busy periods as we will get around to answering each and every one of you.

Thank you!

5 Likes

I received my Ifi iPower Elite yesterday and I’m extremely happy with the results.

Anyone familiar with me and my posts here know that I’m a fan of the Rupert Neve Designs RNHP. It has a certain sweetness to its sound. It’s very transparent, clear, and articulate, all while presenting things in a holographic nature.

It’s only real downfall is it’s lack of power. It really only works with efficient, low impedance headphones. Even then there are times when dynamic swings in recordings hinder the RNHP’s performance. It comes with an inexpensive switching power supply that’s works, but I’ve always felt the Neve was capable of more. Unfortunately only linear audiophile-type power supplies were available in the required 24v. Too expensive to venture into something that would likely alter the sound.

About a week ago I saw that ifi released a new power supply in their highly regarded line of power supplies. Already owning a few ifi power products (iPower-X, AC iPurifier) and being happy with the results I decided to try the iPower Elite since it had a 24v option.

I’m glad I did. Here’s my initial impressions I shared with a friend:

“Listening to the ifi Elite for maybe 15 minutes and it’s apparent that it is indeed an upgrade. There’s greater clarity, along with more easily discernible micro detail (fingers rubbing on strings, pounding of piano keys, etc.). Bass is more controlled without becoming “boomy”, and overall the sound seems more effortless and in control. When playing at louder than normal levels (85-90 dB) it seems to stay in control and sounds less “hashy” if that makes sense.
I’m happy with it.”

I think most of this is not only due to the extremely clean power it’s providing, but the reserve of power that the Neve supplied wall-wort lacked. The iPower Elite didn’t color the sound, it just made it more refined.

Well done ifi.

7 Likes

Is your mains electrical supply an issue at all for you? Just curious what effect this may have if your mains were “clean”.

Not that I’m aware. I use a Furman power strip along with an ifi iPurifier). I just like ‘clean’ power.

I’m also in the front of a 7 unit building (power delivered from the rear of the building). I’d like to upgrade to a regenerator eventually.

2 Likes

@ValentineLuke - for some reason I didn’t get a notification on this and just saw your wonderful write-up now!

May we use your impressions on our social media? Let me know! We haven’t had much feedback on the iPower Elite so far and would love to share your thoughts!

3 Likes

Absolutely. It’s a great little product. :+1:t4:

1 Like

Thank you! Appreciate it.

1 Like