iFi audio - Zen DAC V2

Added oomph!

This ZEN DAC V2 is the same award-winning hi-res USB DAC/headphone amp as before but with added oomph!

We’ve upgraded its digital engine from an 8 core XMOS chip to a 16 core chip. It’s ultra-capable while still being super-affordable.

Compact enough to use as a USB DAC/amp on your work desk and stylish enough to use at home with your favourite active speakers or amp, it delivers a level of specification and performance that punches above its super-affordable price tag.

The ZEN DAC V2 supports PCM and DXD to 32-bit/384kHz, DSD256 and MQA. DSD remains ‘bit-perfect’ thanks to the True Native Burr-Brown chip design.

16 core = hardcore.

Thanks to the 16 core tech, the Zen DAC V2 is now an MQA Decoder rather than a Renderer.

Upgraded GMT Clock!

The Upgraded Global Master Timing (GMT) clock circuitry with even lower jitter performance and improved sonics.

To learn more, head over to our site and media portal.

The Zen DAC V2 will be available for purchase soon for the retail price of €169 (incl VAT of 20%)
US$159 (ex-tax).

11 Likes

Pretty quick upgrade after ZEN DAC V1 launched late 2019? Perhaps component shortages forcing to update the device.
But amp part of ZEN DAC is the same as V1 ?

1 Like

Yes, the AMP is the same!

1 Like

Thank you for clarifying. That’s disappointing, as I called out the amp as the weakest link in my V1 review. The ZenDAC is a nice all-in-one unit except for the amp limitations.

I personally don’t use MQA or DSD, so they aren’t relevant. The clock was already fine. I’d still choose the V1 at $129, or a version with a stronger amp at $169 or even $199.

1 Like

I understand where you are coming from, appreciate your feedback!

2 Likes

Just got mine (I also have the v1 so I can A/B) and finally had a chance to set it up. Also took delivery of a WireWorld “Ultraviolet 8” USB 3.0 A - B audio cable. I’m feeding the ZEN uDAC v2 from my H-P PC tower with a Quad-Core AMD A10 CPU and 16GB of RAM. The music is stored on an 8TB WD NAS file server into a Netgear 8-port network switch. th PC output is feed the ZEN DAC thru a iPurifier3 and the unit is powered by a dedicated IfI Power Supply. Headphones are HiFiMAN HE400i connected to the 4.4mm Balanced port. The software is Audirvana v3.5.45 and it’s also connected to my HRA (Highresaudio.com) streaming (virtual vault) account on line. More later on how it all plays back.

1 Like

looking forward to your feedback!