People who work in the headphone industry often end up there because they love headphones and sound.
We believe industry insiders have a lot to offer the community, but the incentive to use an engaged community like this one as a promotional platform is strong. We want to avoid bias as much as possible, and we certainly want to avoid “shilling.”
We do not charge sponsorship fees because we don’t want to introduce the conflicts that come with them. All we ask in return is that you treat this community as a sacred place. It’s about sharing the love of sound, NOT promoting your company.
If you want to talk about your company or brand in the community you are responsible for following these guidelines.
- Industry insiders must identify themselves to a moderator. The moderator will add a tag to show the company you’re from
- If you are caught promoting your company while pretending to be a regular member you and the company will be banned and the attempt will be exposed to the rest of the community
Here’s what you CAN do:
- You can answer questions about your company and products in existing threads
- You can announce new products in a new thread and then reply to questions throughout the thread
- You can announce relevant company news in a new thread (ask yourself if it’s actually useful to the community before posting)
Here’s what you CAN’T do:
- You cannot announce a sale or promotion
- You cannot make more than one thread for the same product announcement or news item
If your situation isn’t explicitly covered above, use common sense, if you are being a positive contributor to the community you’re going to be fine. If you’re being a “promotor” then you’re going to be removed. Hopefully, you can tell the difference.
If you’re ever unsure if something is okay, send a PM to a moderator before you do it.
These guidelines will be updated over time, so make sure to check back often.