Listening Chairs! What kind of chair do you like to sit in when you listen?

It’s what I use when not in my office/gaming/audio room lol the ikea chair that is…very comfortable and the suspension allows for mild rocking…I’m 6’2 220(ish) so not huge but not small either and I find it works great, my wife loves it too she is 5’1” and half my weight.

3 Likes

Mild rocking you say?

1 Like

currently rocking a Haworth Zody chair…nice enough =)

2 Likes

That looks comfy.

I’m going to give the Poang Ikea chair a shot! The price and return policy are solid and definitely make it worth a try! Thank you @pwjazz @TylersEclectic

EDIT: It may not fit with ottoman so I have to do some more thinking on this!

Very cool. So many finish options as well.

1 Like

Mine is no style icon from the sixties but a wonderfully comfortable electric recliner. Mmmm comfy. :wink:

2 Likes

That’s what matters. A good chair that you can anchor yourself down into and melt away…

1 Like

So, uhhh… Do you have to assemble the Ikea Poang thingy?

Just curious.

1 Like

Yes you do, I was just reading about it. Assembly doesn’t seem very difficult. It may not actually fit where I want to put it by the time I add the ottoman. I am going to have to sleep on this and do some more research tomorrow.

1 Like

I have a feeling that sometime this week Ikea is going to be like “Wtf is everyone ordering Poang chairs all of a sudden?!”

Just a feeling.

1 Like

The same way Amazon sold a s**t-ton of Porta Pros? :thinking:

I think you’re right.

2 Likes

I sit more on the sofa… cause of cuddling logistics

4 Likes

Yes, but it includes the necessary tool and it’s extremely easy.

The ottoman is quite large. I like to use one of these with it instead.

Office Ottoman Foot Rest Under Desk, Best Desk Foot Rest and Foot Stool Under Desk, Excellent Leg Clearance Under Desk Ergonomic Footrest https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01BRU9CDW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_cYWfEbQY6RE4P

1 Like

Ekornes Scandanavian ! Had mine for years in my movie room and use for listening…with lower back iussues its really nice, “stressless” but expensive, paid almost 2K for mine, lime green!! :<)

Alex

2 Likes

yeahh these are very comfy! and I like the design!

my parents have something similar as 2-3 person dark green leather sofa … full electric … with a remote and in the middle a fold down space for stuff like bottles, remotes, books, mobile DAC/amps or DAPs :wink:

first time I tried it, I couldn´t stop laughing. Really older people furniture by looks - super comfort and fun!

Whats even funnier is watching older people in stores with these chairs!!!

Ha!!

Now thats not PC, but I am 70 years young!!!

:>)

Alex

3 Likes

9 Likes

or me trying to swing out like a beached whale