Listening Chairs! What kind of chair do you like to sit in when you listen?

You should invite me over so I can steal it. I mean… Uhhh…

3 Likes

Ha!
If you find yourself in the DC area, I will let you borrow it if I can buy a set of your famous headphone cables?

1 Like

I think I want his chair too. I was contemplating buying a “replica” version off Amazon haha.

4 Likes

Sure, I’ll trade you the chair for cables.

Oh, wait, you said borrow…

If you’re needing a cable made, just PM me with what headphone its for and we can chat about details.

2 Likes

Is that one of those Norwegain ergonomic chairs or similar? If so, Im helping @ProfFalkin “borrow” it.

Chair???

2 Likes

Not one of the Norwegian chairs, they are comfy too. This is the Eames Lounge Chair, also known as an ELO an American treasure.

7 Likes

:100:.

Charles and Ray Eames were design geniuses.

Beautiful chair. :heart:

4 Likes

Are those made as originals anymore? Google suggest new ones are reproductions, at least from the couple vendors I looked at.

1 Like

Herman Miller manufacturer official Eames Designs.

https://store.hermanmiller.com/living/lounge-chairs-and-ottomans/eames-lounge-chair-and-ottoman/5667.html?lang=en_US

4 Likes

As @ValentineLuke mentioned Herman Miller is the official manufacturer for this chair. They are built to the same standard and configuration, with options to upgrade the leather and wood options. I only upgraded the leather as I preferred a softer and more textured feel. Just like our favorite headphones or handmade amplifiers, the chair took about two months to build and deliver.

Edit: The trick here in the US is wait until Design Within Reach (DWR) holds their semi-annual Herman Miller sale, I was able to get 15% off the total price which definitely helped.

I have seen authentic models available for sale used, and replicas are a dime a dozen.

Here is my artsy fartsy attempt to see the full chair in its glory.

8 Likes

Edited. Someone had too much whiskey last night.

Uhhh…

Damnit Roark, this is your fault.

4 Likes

Don’t do it @bigshel99 I tried that and was so disappointed :frowning: ended up returning it. The knockoff versions are garbage at least in my experience.

3 Likes

Awesome setup @Roark :headphones::musical_score::100:

2 Likes

I do like that chair. But I had to see more of it.

… I like my Stressless chairs but this chair is rather interesting and comfy.

9 Likes

I like my listening environment to be warmer and more psychedelic, so I had to edit your edit:

7 Likes

Man @generic you would love hanging in my office then! hahah

4 Likes

I just wanted to see the chair, LOL. It nice.

3 Likes

I like all these edits to the original, I am not gifted with an eye for taking good pictures or editing. The original picture had the look of an edit by sheer luck, Hue lights can do wonders.

1 Like

I will take full responsibility for any excessive whiskey or other libations. I need to pick up a new bottle myself this afternoon, any suggestions?

2 Likes

Thank you, your videos are well put together as are your impressions!

2 Likes