Listening Chairs! What kind of chair do you like to sit in when you listen?

Wow what a coincidence! I got a couple of compliments on my chair in the background of my “What’s in the box!” post a few days ago. I didn’t actually know who makes it because my mom gave it to me when my parents downsized their home. Then I find this topic, which interests me greatly, and start reading from the beginning, find this post, and realize that the Ekornes Stressless Mayfair is my chair. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Sitting in mine right now, some of the best money I have ever spent.

4 Likes

I’m thinking upgrading your chair may be more of an improvement to music listening than upgrading your DAC. :smirk:

3 Likes

I was close, but read some reviews saying they are made of much cheaper leather/material so may not be as comfortable as the look. I’ll have to add the real one on my “someday” list, not ready to spend that much on a chair in my current place.

2 Likes

For me the Stressless was the clear winner based on overall comfort, longevity/warranty customization options and I could go to a local store to try them before the purchase. Also you can get them on sale significantly discounted. @bigshel99.

2 Likes

Definitely provides a much better comfort experience to be sure!

1 Like

hmmm, thanks for the insight there. What kind of discounts do they get on sale?

1 Like

Could be $1000-$1500 off I will hook you up with the spot I got mine from, they usually will take good care of peeps especially right now I imagine.

1 Like

Cool, Thanks @MRHifiReviews

1 Like

One thing we liked about the Stressless chairs is that the wife could get one that fit her (small) and I could get one that fit me, medium and they have a large for the bigger person.

2 Likes

The problem with an Eames chair is, if you sit in it you can’t look at it. And sitting before a mirror (in my case) would just reveal and unsightly lumpiness. Best to have two… :slight_smile:

5 Likes

the stool was moved out of the way for the picture

cheers

17 Likes

Great photo @MartinTransporter :heart_eyes::headphones::100:

4 Likes

Thank you.
Analog large format shot with 2 strobes + 1 led

Edit:
film in 4x5: CHS 100 Type II
lens: Schneider Kreuznach Super Angulan 90mm f5.6
camera: Toyo Field 45a

Edit:
actually there is no light in the corner - the window is on the left side and closer to camera position

the tree stump is usually in the corner and the small table on the right side, with the chair pointing towards the camera with the stool in front of it

but for the picture - it did not work for a clean look

4 Likes

I need a tree stump like that, great side table for a bottle of libations , tumbler, ash tray (cigar), and maybe a book or adult magazine (for the articles).

6 Likes

miss the times, when it was ok to smoke inside

are there still any adult magazines in print format available? - would be ugly to get them on “used” market LoL

4 Likes

I love my huge and soft chair, I can almost lie in it. Usually I put some food and drinks on the table by the chair and God, I can spend all day long sitting there.
P.S. My Bella also wanted to be on the photo :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

Looks very comfortable. :+1:t4:

2 Likes

Bella, the chair, or both?

1 Like

Both! Dogs are some of the best at cuddling. :heart:

3 Likes