Listening Chairs! What kind of chair do you like to sit in when you listen?

Just got the Ikea Poang chair set up on the used market for 88 bucks. I’m very happy with this chair until I decide to upgrade to something more substantial.

Excuse the mess; I was testing a new Hafler Ha75 tube amp with various headphones.

11 Likes

I just ordered an Eames chair and lounge (after reading through this thread).

For anyone looking - Herman Miller’s site has them 15% off through the 30th for their holiday sale, but if you order through Hive (hivemodern.com), you can get an additional 10% off. So, that made the most sense.

3 Likes

I have a hard time finding a chair that is comfortable for me. Suppose the music system is installed in the living room or standard room where everyone gathers to watch TV.

Having spent time playing online games, I generally sit on abatís or caltrops. Failing that a Catnapper works pretty good.

I vote for catnapper, the other two don’t look so promising

1 Like

I prefer recliner for listening!! It’s a Homall Recliner Chair. I just bought this chair for the second time. The first time, I just wanted the cheapest thing I could get for the occasional movie or whatnot. I was surprised that it wasn’t bad at all: simple to put together, compact, solid, looks/feels nice

Herman Miller Aeron for my listening. Generally it’s done at my desk, with my rack being off to the side.

2 Likes

Take a look at these recliner here ReclinerHub - A Community of Experts in Reclining Furniture. Hope will be helpful for you.

Fjords Recliners - the Magnus Medium series. Powered motor controls, allow me to adjust to any setting I like. Great for listening and relaxing.

4 Likes