Meze Audio 109 Pro - Official Discussion Thread

Got the frequency response measurements for you guys!

Of course these are done on the GRAS 43AG with KB5000 pinna:

In general this is a pleasant tuning with a few colorations in various places but for the most part it’s got a reasonably even balance. The key thing that stood out for me was the upper treble air, as well as the slightly forward mid bass slope. So think of this as like mostly normal in a good way, with a touch of ‘fun’ character to it.

Just a note about the slightly ‘ragged’ treble response there, remember that the target is highly smoothed and it’s impossible to know how that HRTF interaction will be for any individual.

Also, it’s outstanding for comfort. Like I just love wearing this headphone, and it’s something I’m probably going to dive into with EQ and tweak to my taste (not that you have to) because I just want this thing on my head at all times.

For technical performance, this one is also reasonably good! Not quite on the level of the Focals, or some of the highly competitive planars like the HiFiMAN Ananda and Edition XS, but generally I find this one to be one of the more competitive Mezes for sound quality. I find it to be detailed, spacious, with a good sense of weight down low… Yeah there are a few things to nitpick but I think Meze did a great job with this one!

Here are the video impressions:

12 Likes