Monoprice Liquid Platinum 484$ at Monoprice

I bought a Monoprice Liquid Platinum on Amazon for $599 two weeks ago. It didn’t show up so they sent a replacement. Both arrived about an hour ago. Must have been a blockage and they needed to send a second one to clear it out :-/

I bought a matched pair of Genalex Gold Lion 6922 tubes also from Amazon to use instead of the tubes that come with the LP. Now that there are two of them sitting in my house I might compare the Gold Lion to the stock tubes before returning.

I currently have my Astrell and Kern AK70 MKII plugged into the LP using balanced cables. I am also using balanced LQI Cables from the LP to my HIFIMAN Ananda. Tomorrow my Shiit Bifrost shows up so am excited to give that a try with the LP.

The LP definitely sounds different than when I plug directly into the AK70 MKII. I can’t turn the LP beyond 10 o’clock without pain, so it can easily drive the Ananda. I should also point out none of the cables, headphones, or (obviously) the amp have come close to their burn-in. In fact, only the headphones have been used before an hour ago :slight_smile:

3 Likes