MQA Playback & Support

The connection from the “tower” to the RS 195 headphones is digital. So the headphones themselves must have both a DAC and an amp built in. There is no way to bypass that.

If you feed analog to the “tower” it will also go through an ADC to turn it into the digital signal that is then sent to the headphones.

@Torq: wow never would have even thought of that or even considered it-- way beyond my level of expertise thanks

1 Like

@Torq: hi connected the political digital out from my LG tv to the digital optical on ROS 195 great sound for tv and also passed my streaming services and tidal and Qobuz through hdmi really good sounding only 24/48 but ok for me still use the analog connection for input from AQDFRed and ME2 and get higher resolution(supposedly)
Best wishes bobbmd

2 Likes

@Torq @prfallon69 : hello just to let you know I received my ‘last rodeo’/system: A Schiit Ragnarok 2(just the amp)Yggdrasil GS and the Legacy Audio studio HD monitors and the SQ separation and clarity is SO sweet- I realize you and others don’t think much of my Sennheiser HD 598’s and RS-195’s but the blackness clarity separation is just unbelievable- I use the Gen5USB to stream TIDAL Qobuz alone and through ROON/Audirvana 3.5+ also use it to stream from my cablebox(and my Gen3 Apple TV) to watch TV via digital optical to the DAC then out to the amp.
Also use RCA out from speaker port on my ME2 DAC to the amp and I unretired my Yamaha cd/sacd/dvd-a/dvd changer and use RCA out from that to the amp of course it downsamples the sacd/dvd-a discs but so what?.
I have never heard such exquisite sound but that amp is one ‘Schiitload/full’ of a headphone amp. Those speakers are no slouches either.
thanks for your advice- I am one happy 'ol country doc right now.
bobbmd

3 Likes

So glad you’ve got your gear and its hitting the spot. I am a big fan of sennheiser’s myself as I have own and have owned 4 sets of Sennheiser myself. I don’t ever recall ever saying I didn’t like the 598’s as I have never tried them. But am glad to hear you’re enjoying them. Happy listening.

1 Like

@prfallon69 sorry didn’t mean you at all and probably no one on this forum must have been someone else on a different forum

2 Likes

Ahh no need to apologise. No offence was taken. It’s just I couldn’t recall commenting on them. So no worries. :wink:

1 Like