New Focal Headphone Release - 01.28.21

are you sure about the inner ring? it looks a bit more fuzzy to me but you might be right. Either way different than the Radiance and the Elegia iirc

If my mother were a robot, she would be made out of Nagnesium. Yup.

11 Likes

that´s a sign of how important hf dot com is, in the industry - congratulations to the headphones dot com team and the community around you guys

I´m personally ultra hyped about a new closed back Focal. Especially in this similar to Radiance design.

Keep my fingers crossed for the Focal Lady and her internet bandwith, to tell us a bit about it.

7 Likes

Heck for all we know that picture could be a Focal photo trick to tease us while they offer something totally different. :smiley:

2 Likes

Just posting this here for those who haven’t seen it yet.

We’ll be doing a livestream and giveaway with Focal next week (Jan 28th). Here is more info on how to sign up.

12 Likes

Not a Bentley logo free Radiance. So that’s pretty exciting. Good to hear!

1 Like

If it’s not a logo-less Radiance then I wonder if it replaces the Elegia, i.e. if it would be to the Elex as the Radiance is to the Clear?

Or would it slot between the Radiance and the Stellia?

Or compete with the HiFiMan HE-R10 Planar?

Will the Radiance become a permanent part of the line up?

So many questions…

3 Likes

Well, I should say… the Radiance is great too. I’ve been spending more time with it lately.

3 Likes

I’m not putting the Radiance down either. I think it looks pretty cool and I’ve never heard it so I can’t judge. Im just glad it’s something new that we haven’t seen.
And I hope they offer the Radiance without the Bentley logo going forward. Most people seem to like it.

Oh my, this is exciting!

*Readies wallets…checks other wallet…well I hope I win this giveaway! :joy:

@Resolve Are you allowed to tell us which one you like better (aesthetics-wise)?

1 Like

Radiance is fully limited edition and won’t be a permanent part of Focal’s line-up, I can confirm that. Whatever units are left out there are all the units that are left.

7 Likes

Interesting. I thought they would release a non Bentley version. Crazy they did a limited run with them and be done. I’m sure they have other great things up their sleeve. They make some great stuff.

1 Like

I think… only you can determine that. Everyone has different aesthetic preferences. I will say, I prefer the look of the Elegia over that of the Stellia. But I know people who are the other way on that.

4 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. I wonder if the key components are shared across different models and that the collaboration with Bentley served to cover the expenses of particular custom components, or the color scheme.

I think it was Tyll Hertsens who had a theory about the R&D experimentation going into the Utopia and the Elear, and that Focal figured out the best compromise of both worlds with the Clear. I wonder if something similar has been going on here - that the Elegia was the equivalent to the Elear, the Stellia was the realization of the best that could be achieved with the m-shaped dome and the way of dealing with internal cup reflections, and that this new headphone is the ideal, more affordable middle-ground between the two.

4 Likes

That would be amazing and is what I’m hoping for!

1 Like

Gotta love trickle down tech.

Very excited for the 28th :slight_smile:

Love my Clears and I’m still searching for a good closed back.

5 Likes

This gives me the right occasion to thank you, all the headphones show staff, all the headphones dot com staff for everything you give us and I don’t mean the giveaways (always appreciated) but information, support and great service. Thank you all

3 Likes

The Celestee, at least it looks Great:

7 Likes

Ashamed audio vendors can’t hold their web listings back until the appropriate time.

3 Likes

In these times, thanks to the internet, there are no more secrets :man_shrugging: :wink:

Is that good?
Is that bad?

Depends on!

2 Likes