New Focal Headphone Release - 01.28.21

Focal will be releasing a new headphone on January 28th and provided us with this mystery teaser! That’s not the only news though, as Focal will be revealing the new headphone on The HEADPHONE Show and will be giving one of the mystery headphones away as well so make sure to tune in!

Live stream link below:

37 Likes

Looking at that image …

I’m guessing a non-Bentley branded version of the “Radiance”, as a replacement for the Elegia, as that is clearly a closed-back can (unvented pads, there are dimples, rather than holes, in the cup back), and it looks like the driver is magnesium.

*All that’s from what’s visible by manipulating the image; I’ve no inside knowledge).

17 Likes

Can’t wait to hear more about this mysterious headphone !

6 Likes

Is this the Focal Nebula?

7 Likes

excited!!! :slight_smile: :eyes:

7 Likes

Me too @antdroid! Great to start 2021 with a new Focal release.

9 Likes

I’m gonna laugh so hard if all they did was remove the bentley logo from the radiance…(not that that’s a bad thing) :joy:

8 Likes

Taron, So much tease in that post that I got my singles ready :joy: :money_with_wings:

Congrats on them working close with you guys to do the unveil and give away; shows how much they value what you guys are doing. Looking forward to seeing what they’re coming out with this year.

13 Likes

Are you looking at some other image? I can’t see you getting all that info from the above pic.

3 Likes

Just that image … by manipulating levels, contrast, lightening specific color/luminosity ranges and by applying magnification, color re-assignment/false color and so on.

Easy to see the pads are not perforated.

Fairly easy to see the cups have the same kind of dimples as the Elegia, Stella and Radiance.

Colorway matches the Radiance.

Moderately easy to see the text on one cup cap says “Fabrique”.

And barely harder to read the word “Magnesium” on the other …

17 Likes

And in a former job (or earlier life) I was involved in breakthrough work in real-time image processing and image characteristic analysis/recognition (including facial) …

8 Likes

I’m with you. I needed subtitles to know it was a headphone. :slight_smile:

(thank you for the expertise @Torq)

6 Likes

I guess I need more tools :blush:

2 Likes

I believe it will be it, maybe with some revisions and/or correction to the original project including “stealth revision”. We’ll see

1 Like

From what i can tell they seem to be different pads though. These look like they have a fuzzy’ish maybe suede texture on the inside while the radiance from pictures atleast seem to have more of a rough mesh inside. Not a big difference but Focals seem rather pad picky so maybe it matters

2 Likes

Can’t wait for the reveal - exciting stuff!

1 Like

Ok, tossing in my bet just for the heck of it (Do I win then?): These are Focal’s foray into planar magnetics!

2 Likes

Not sure if this helps or not, but all the visible surfaces seem to be smooth(-ish) leather:

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure the the cup cap says “Nagnesium”… maybe a new element? :laughing:

7 Likes

(Gogo Rodney Dangerfield).

Thats the sound my wife will make when I buy a pair!

(sorry)

4 Likes