New Here? This Is The Spot To Introduce Yourself

Welcome to the community @deafenears!

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @onethinline!

4 Likes

Thanks @ProfFalkin, @prfallon69, @angstorms, @ValentineLuke, and @DEXCOM7 :smiley:

Long time lurker, I really should have joined earlier because now I have to go through and re-read all the threads I’ve read. But it sure makes keeping up-to-date with just the latest posts easlier!

6 Likes

Hello and welcome @Andrew_Rieger and @onethinline.

4 Likes

Hello all,

I see this is the place for introductions.

I’ve been wandering “midfi” for last few years and lurking. Trying, buying and selling. After all of that I’m still using my HD580 and HE500.

Just starting to wander further toward the top end with my purchase of the Borealis. Love it so far. Came here for discussion and advice. Cheers.

8 Likes

Welcome @C-Bass!

Those Borealis are intriguing. Looking forward to your thoughts and impressions. :+1:t4:

Here’s the thread if you’d like to participate in its discussion:

1 Like

Welcome to this great community @PrestonCG @Womaz @mimizone @asabet @mimizone @hazi59 @carsandcoffee @Slumberman @Martigane and @asanjuan2003 Lots of great people here.

5 Likes

Welcome to this great community @djoman @Bigbob45 @Martigane @djoman @brad1138 @endre83 @HallmanLabs.com @wire2453 @Anubhav and @chad lots of great people here.

3 Likes

Welcome to this great community @Kraken @holzmann @Chaz_Zeromus @devidasa @deafenears @onethinline @Andrew_Rieger And @C-Bass! Lots of great people here.

I hope I got everyone who joined in the last couple of weeks, I fell behind in my welcomes do to my health conditions.

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @C-Bass, @AlliPlatt, @smkralik and @crabbos.

5 Likes

Welcome to this great community @AlliPlatt @smkralik and @crabbos

3 Likes

Welcome @C-Bass! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello and welcome @SmoothDistortion.

4 Likes

Yeah welcome @SmoothDistortion glad you made your way here

2 Likes

Hey everybody! I’m from Tennessee, and I’ve been playing music myself for about 3 years and just started getting into recording and mixing. I realized quickly that I was going to need a better pair of headphones. Currently I’m in high school, so I have a budget of about $150. Right now I’m only mixing with GarageBand on ios, but I plan to get a PC pretty soon. I’m still unknowledgeable about whether I should buy a closed or open back pair of headphones. On the closed back side of things I’m leaning towards the AKG K371. On the open back side of things I’m looking at the Philips SHP9500. Let me know if you have any suggestions.

7 Likes

Welcome, Elijah.

I think that AKG would be a solid choice for recording/engineering. @metal571 referenced the K371 on another thread when ‘neutrality’ was brought up.

I’m sure someone else will chime in with more recommendations.

Good luck, and I look forward to hearing more about your journey. :+1:t4:

3 Likes

You’ll never know how many people that do recording and mixing look at GarageBand, and just wished that they had something as good when they started. So, what instrument(s) do you play?

Oh yes welcome.
Which reminds me - welcome to all the rest of the people I’ve missed over the past 10 or so days.

3 Likes

Thanks. I don’t know how to start my own thread yet so I’m replying to this one. If anyone has questions about any of the gear I’ve had extended periods of time with, I’ll be happy to answer them.

Headphones: ZMF Atticus (camphor), Focal Elex, 6XX, TR-X00 Mahogany & Purple Hearts
IEMs: FiiO FH7, FA7, and FH5

Main amp/dac comboes; Asgard 3 + Modi Multibit and a CTH + SDAC. Chord Mojo and Dragonfly Cobalt for portable use

Looking forward to talking about gear in the future :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Use the magnifying glass icon (search function) to search for each of your items or things you are interested in… Usually there is a thread already going where you can post and discuss each of them =) once you get past a certain trust level you can start to create your own threads. Check the pinned threads for more details, have fun and enjoy the community.

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @Me_Myself and @Bikr.

4 Likes