New Here? This Is The Spot To Introduce Yourself

Happy to be here and contribute to the community. i recently really stepped my headphone setup in the last few months purchasing the arya, ether cx, elegia, bifrost 2 and thx aaa789.

I enjoy the reviews from the headphone youtube page and look forward to interact with the group here.

5 Likes

Hello everyone.

Iā€™m new here and just ran across the site recently while doing some research on headphones.
After reading a review last week on a set of headphones by one of the members, I chose to place an order. The headphones showed up today and I am very much enjoying my new cans, thanks to this site. Thanks @Resolve for the review since it was your opinion that helped me decide that this is the pair of cans that Iā€™ve been looking for.

I look forward to hanging around and hope to be able to contribute.

9 Likes

Hello and welcome @KhaosSP, @deraj, @koss25, @Auriculoide and @SirMilo.

3 Likes

Welcome! Glad youā€™re enjoying them!

3 Likes

welcome to the community @KhaosSP, @deraj, @koss25, @Auriculoide and @SirMilo

and glad you are back @MadRev - 25years are a long time! - congratulations

my wife and I are following with over 20 years - which felt very short :slight_smile:

6 Likes

you have a great setup, Emil! - this escalated quickly!! LoL

curious what you think of the B2 and 789 chain with the Arya and Elegia!
Both the Schiit and the Hifiman are high on my list and I know the THX and Focal.

2 Likes

Hi! Iā€™m glad to be here. Iā€™m a fan of headphones and hi-fi sound. Nice work in this site. Iā€™m very interested in reviews.

5 Likes

Hi, I think you have done a great job on this site .Happy to be here

4 Likes

Hello and welcome @JTAustin and @Alexander_Stepanov.

2 Likes

Thanks Appreciate the welcome. I assume you serve the role as our ā€œBeatriceā€ throughout this version of Paradiso? It seems a friendly community on the whole and the rules seem fair and simple. Thanks again for the welcome.

3 Likes

Resolve, I figured that it might be nice to let you know which review helped me since I just found your YouTube channel. I was too obtuse to realize how many reviews youā€™ve done so I wanted to thank you for the Audeze LCD-XC review. The XC is providing what I feel has been missing from my LCD-2F.

6 Likes

I like the pairing of the B2 and 789. Its definitely a huge step up from the Jotunheim with Multibit card that it replaced. The sound is very detailed and it really synergizes well with the Arya. I do find it harsh sometimes with certain recordings and have to dial it down some.

1 Like

thank you Emil!

I can see the 789 with Arya being a bit harsh sometimes - same with my HEDDphone on some songs. Though still quite good under control, most of the time.

do you use EQ?

1 Like

Hello and welcome @LittleCans, @sep297, @fivecolors @Gary_Chen.

5 Likes

welcome to the community @LittleCans, @sep297, @fivecolors @Gary_Chen

feel free to use the search functions first and in a short amount of time youĀ“ll be able to post own topics

5 Likes

I do. I was apprehensive using EQ at first since Im on a Mac but after trying it with the LCD-2F (from GG Chrono and Oratory) I became a believer. It made it almost listenable for me. Almost.

With the Arya it takes some of the heat in the upper registers and while maintaining the lush midrange and powerful low end.

I always look for EQ settings now before considering a pair of headphones.

Im expecting the Elegias today and after some burn in, Iā€™ll probably EQ those as well.

3 Likes

Hello and welcome @Lavis800, @johnccl196 and @Scott_HF.

4 Likes

Welcome to all this weeks new members.

4 Likes

Thanks for the welcome.

I am fairly new to serious headphone listening by choice, although I have been a headphone user for years, mainly for commuting etc. The new interest is partly due to my 5-year-old daughter using my main speaker system to play Netflix in our living room most of the time it seems, the quality now available and the convenience.

6 Likes

It sounds like she needs a set of Koss Porta-Pros for herself.

4 Likes