Nuraphone - Thoughts?

Sorry for the late response but I’ll attempt to answer your questions. And no, I don’t believe they’re just marketing hype (they’re my current favorite set of cans).

Yes, the settings are stored online for good (tied to your account) and it’ll automatically load your last used profile from the headphones if you’re using a cable rather than via bluetooth/nuraphone app. You can use the headphones in offline mode and switch between profiles while in offline mode but to create a new/delete a profile will need to be online.

If you’re using them in wireless mode usually get between 15-20 hours of use between charges. If you’re using them with the USB cable it’ll charge them while listening. If you’re using an analogue cable not sure if it’ll charge them (haven’t tested this although I do have an analogue cable so I could do so if you need to know this info) but I rarely use the analogue cable since the headphones have a built-in AMP/DAC.

Also I wanted to mention that the nuraphones recently had a firmware update which adds additional functionality:

“New features include — Active Noise Cancellation (ANC). Social Mode. Double tap. Spoken battery level & Audible charging signal, Bluetooth QuickSwitch. Improved voice call quality and Offline mode.”

The “social mode” basically allows you to hear your surroundings by using the mics to pipe-in exterior sound through the speakers and can be toggled on/off with the side buttons (very useful feature since the nuraphones otherwise block out almost all outside noise passively).

Their supreme sound is also thanks to Nura’s personalized audio tuning, where the headphones tune themselves to the way you hear sound. If it sounds hokey, that’s because you haven’t tried them out yet.

Just a heads up to current nuraphone owners: nuraphones now ship with different sized ear-tips but if you bought a pair before they started doing this you can email their customer service and they’ll ship out a set for free.

1 Like

Hi

I can confirm that they will ship for free the new sizes if you did not get them in your original order

Note: I will not be approving posts from new users that are asking folks to use their referral code. If you’re interested in buying nuraphones them feel free to message a community member that has them.

Peter Hall I’ve owned a pair of Nuraphones for over a year. They sound great at home but are a bit big to take for walks or jogs. Then new nuraloops are out with active noise cancellation. They are wireless ie’s. They have an analog cable for hi-res. I like them better than the nuraphones.

Just ran across this thread. I was able to audition the Nuraphone Headphones at the Victoria Building shopping mall in Sydney Australia a few months ago, under the control of a company representative. I thought that the concept was interesting and wanted to hear it for myself. I was very disappointed.

Perhaps I am spoiled by my previous headphone experience, but I found these to have such flabby and muddy bass that I only needed a few minutes to cross them off my list. To me, they did not live up to the marketing hype, but as always, YMMV.

3 Likes

If you get a proper seal and a well done reading from the app, they sound absolutely phenomenal, well worth the asking price.

2 Likes

made an account to say this. don’t bother getting these. the bass is terrible. 5 year old, ear wax covered airpods sound to have the same sound quality wise. (without the bass ofc).

6 Likes

This headphones are a proper gimmick. Sound is somewhat decent for a bluetooth HP, but god, the comfort is unbereable. Those tips inserted in the ears are just annoying. Had them for a month and I tried to get used to it, but there was no way. Better get a pair of other comfortable BT hps and EQ them.