Off Topic : Complaints Thread

I guess all stores have the expense of returns - it literally is the cost of doing business. For brick and mortar stores they have rent, employees and lights and expenses and still manage to charge zero for returns. Shoe stores offer a try and fit and free return and still save you money when you decide to buy- without a restocking fee- ON SHOES! ewwww used shoes? oh my how does ZAPPOS do it? - I guess its a cost. You sell factory direct. I get the mailing back to you is an expense you cant incur. But a restocking fee is not at all acceptable in todays direct to consumer sales pitch. Thats a (15%) $135 haircut on a $900 headphone in home trial PLUS SHIPPING BACK- some dealers like costco work on a less than 10% margin and still allow returns and have a zillion employees and theft to worry about. Magnepan, Emotiva and even Benchmark to name a few off the top of my head all have zero restocking fee but the buyer pays shipping and if any restocking fee if not in new like condition or was if damage incurred. That’s a reasonable business model. Not charging restocking fees on a direct to consumer product during trial period. You Tom- want to have your cake of cutting out retail man and charge a fee most retailers make when closing out an item at the end of life cycle (15% or less) when blowing them out or having a sale just for returning the item. How in the world is anyone understanding a $135 fee is what it costs to recondition a box without damage? Plastic wrappers and new box all together cost less than $20. Please. Understand- you want more people to try your product- give them what Benchmark gives…
30-Day Risk-Free Trial (United States Only)

Audition Select Benchmark Products With No Obligation:

The only way to fully appreciate the performance of our products is to try them in a familiar listening space. With our 30-Day Risk-Free Trial, you can audition select Benchmark products in your studio or home listening space with no obligation.

2 Likes