Power Supply Discussion: Linear, SMPS, Battery. Allo Shanti LPS Review

JonL, your site is the 1st I could find that shows the “inside” of the Shanti. I’m interested in punching it but don’t like the hard wired cables. I’m trying to decide whether the hard wired cables could be replaced by adding chassis mounted sockets allowing me to do what you’ve done. Use my own DC power cables. Did you do that? If not would it be very hard to do if one has the technical skills? Appreciate your assistance and experience very much, David (dmader@mader.us)

I did eventually install a DC jack on the Shanti to make it easier to try different cables. It’s not difficult to do, other than the fact the factory wire is soldered to the board with extreme strength, very difficult to desolder. It’s best to just cut the factory wire to short length and solder to DC jack directly.

1 Like

JonL, really appreciate your reply. Based on your photo of the inside view with the wires connecting to the board, I"ve ordered the Shanti. I have a friend, much more experience with electronics and after discussing it with him, I feel confidant we can add the chassis mounted sockets, cut the existing wire long enough to solder to the tabs. Only uncertainty is whether the hole in the end plate is large enough to take the sockets. But I have a drill press, so shouldn’t be a challenge. Thanks again, David

1 Like