Quicksilver Audio HPA

Polygonhell, Agree there are a variety of approaches to use the same given tube set. Thank you for sharing this insight.

Well, you piqued my curiosity. So, I plugged my ZMF Aeolus into my Quicksilver HPA and then back into my favorite amp, Ray Samuels Audio Emmeline II The Raptor. And, I think you may be onto something. There was a sensation of being very smooth and relaxing with Aeolus on the Quicksilver. I will have to play around with this combination some more.

2 Likes

Curious your thoughts about playing with Aelous’s pads. For me the perforated suede have a terrific musical flow with great bass authority and the music sounded more melodic. The Universe pad had greater focus and slightly more forward as compared to the Perf Suede.

Both pads were excellent and very enjoyable with the QuickSilver.

2 Likes

Universal Perforated Lambskin didn’t sit well with me so got rid of them. After experimenting with velour pads, ZMF Aeolus were much improved. However, Universal Perforated Suede are what I use exclusively with Aeolus as they are cups of perfection. These pads further augment the common relaxed motif of the Aeolus and Quicksilver. So, all of my Aeolus listening with any amplifier, including Quicksilver, are with Universal Perforated Suede. Relaxed and smooth.

1 Like