Rock/Metal music discussion

2 Likes

2 Likes

Was going to post in the electronic music thread, but I think this is a better fit:

K R U S H !

1 Like

Really excited for the debut album 8/12! Stumbled on these singles on Tidal and have been listening non stop.

1 Like

I got into melodic death metal when Metalocalypse was on TV, and my buddy’s cousin played in Allegaeon, which introduced me to them.

4 Likes

Crabcore! That video made my morning, great share!

2 Likes

They put on a great live show (well, they did with their old singer; haven’t kept up with them much in recent years). Not the best live metal show I’ve seen - that distinction belongs to a show at Blue Note in Boston with Mastodon and Dethklok co-headlining, and Converge as the opening act - but a really great show nonetheless.

2 Likes

They’re one of my fav technical death bands, and this is one of my favorite songs by them. I appreciate they know how to have fun while also writing good music! Their newly released album is a banger (DAMNUM)!

2 Likes

New Megadeth song (finally) released today. I love it!

4 Likes

I’ll have to check it out, thanks!

1 Like

7 Likes

One of the best, if not the best, crossover albums

Noticed that from 1:36 to 1:47 “Tarot Woman” by Rainbow sounds a little familiar…

!

(actually from 1980)

Another new Megadeth song, featuring Ice T.

3 Likes

Somehow overlooked this album when released. I forgot how dam good JP is…

2 Likes

Somehow missed these guys completely until now. Great riffs!

1 Like

An old favourite with a new album. Didn’t realise they were going again.

1 Like

New album, so far so good…

4 Likes

I personally like it, but some reviewers aren’t a fan of some of the new things AA tried. It still sounds like AA though and through, so I can’t complain.

1 Like

I can see that, it is different from their earlier work. But I also like it, it’s still quality metal. I don’t like it as much as Twilight Of The Thunder God or Sutur Rising, but I’m still listening and enjoying, so how bad could it be? I do miss the speed of their earlier works. They’re almost progressive or power metal at times. The one track that doesn’t fit is Get In The Ring. Someone said it’s a wrestling walk in song, so it makes sense, but still, IMO that should have been left off and released as an EP. What really stands out in a good way is the drumming, it’s excellent. I wish it was a bit more forward in the mix, with better dynamic range, but all in all it’s what I seem to be drawn to the most when listening. The track with Saxon is really fun, that one got a few replays before I could move on. It’s fun.

1 Like