Rosson Audio - RAD-0 - Official Thread

Yeah, I have very similar feelings about these! Just negate any other planar I’ve tried so far for me as well! I will be adding a set to my collection eventually!

1 Like

Those are really cool! Agreed on the suspension headband point. I received a pair of Verite Closed shortly after getting my Rad-0 and it’s true that the Rad-0 could benefit from something with more surface area.

Side note, what do you use to take your pictures? Between this and your setup post, you’ve got some great pictures!

1 Like

Finally. after being held hostage by @TylersEclectic for what felt like an eternity, my babies are back on my desk.

Throwing them on again, they felt heavier than I remembered but I’ve also been using Moondrop IEMs a bunch lately so my neck is just out of practice. They’ll feel right at home after a couple of days.

The thing I really like about them compared to some other Planars is they sound great out of almost any source which is a big plus when the gear on your desk is getting stolen daily by @Resolve, @Chrono, @Precogvision and @TylersEclectic.

Running them with the new iFi Audio Neo iDSD paired with the Rebel Audio Rebelamp and it just sounds great. That smooth, natural sound that I haven’t been able to find in another headphone is intoxicating.

I know I’m a broken record with a RAD-0 but it still remains my favourite headphone that I’ve heard among the numerous flagships. That doesn’t mean that it’s the best on a technical level or it beats other headphones at other things, it’s just my personal favourite. Its tonal balance is just so good.

21 Likes

Thanks for sharing this man. Good stuff!

3 Likes

I plead the fifth!!!

3 Likes

Your record can keep spinning at the RAD-0 disco all night long brother! @taronlissimore I echo your feelings on the RAD-0 as well.

1 Like

Lots of new ones on the Rosson Audio site.

Including 13 b-stock, one for everyday of the 12 days of Christmas and New Year’s Day.

4 Likes

New Darko podcast on the RAD-0 right here.

4 Likes

Yes, they are great headphones as you say they good with a wide variety of sources. I still love that they are really comfortable. Most important they just sound great.

1 Like

Really excellent video review from Darko on the Rosson vs. the Ether 2 here

1 Like

Yes Rad-O better than good from being driven from iPhone( with dongle), iPAD or MacBookPro, but come into their own with an amp. I love the ability to using anywhere. The other headphone like this is Focal Stelia when I want closed-back headphone so I do not shower my family with Audio.

1 Like

Just going to plug adding some Dekoni nuggets to the Rad-0 headband. One of the biggest criticisms the Rad-0 gets hit with is that the headband is uncomfortable/creates a hot spot. I finally tried the nuggets out the other day and at least for my head it really did make a pretty sizeable difference comfort wise. Is it suspension strap comfortable? Unfortunately no, but I’d argue it pushes them much further into the comfortable category.

1 Like

Just going to put this here…

21 Likes

Need a bottle of Goldschläger to accompany these headphones, match the gold flakes.

6 Likes

Oh man…some bad memories with goldschlager…

4 Likes

I drank (and threw up) a lot of Jagermeister-Goldschlager shots in my youth. I can’t even look at pictures of either one without feeling nauseous.

3 Likes

There’s only one thing in that picture that I don’t want … but three things I do not have.

4 Likes

I drank a lot of Jagermeister in the late 80s/ early 90s. Never made me sick, but not anything I’d touch these days.

1 Like

Jagerbombs were the bomb…

16 Likes