Rosson Audio - RAD-0 - Official Thread

Shipped today

19 Likes

Does anyone have insights on the various transducer tunings, especially when paired with a tube amp?

Besides aesthetics, is there a difference in weight or scratch resistance for aluminum/chrome vs black for the grille finish and headband finish?

2 Likes

Do you still use the Dekoni nuggets? Would you be able to post a photo for illustration purposes?

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a beautiful pick-up. Hope you enjoy them.

This pairing is so amazingā€¦ currentlly canā€™t stop listening with this setupā€¦ not seen is my TT2 for the DAC. Just amazingā€¦ smooth, detailed, zero tube noiseā€¦ plenty of engagement and energyā€¦ just lovely!!

22 Likes

Nice picture. What kind of coupling caps does that amp have in it?

1 Like

I think Jupiterā€¦ essentially it is a fully upgraded Mogwai with ā€œcertainā€ tweaksā€¦ from my understanding =)

5 Likes

Sorry for the delay! Here you go:

@TylersEclectic - First off, drool. Second, I know you have experience with the Pendant. How does this new Rosson collab compare? I love my Rad-0 so much Iā€™d be willing to flip my Pendant for this one if itā€™s a better pairing with the Rads.

8 Likes

It is similarā€¦ but with more ā€œweightā€ especially with the KT88s on the amp. More engaging and leans more towards a ā€œwetā€ tube sound than the neutral Pendant =) it is one of my top pairings for sureā€¦ I even like it more than with my VO/VCā€¦ I know right!!! ha :wink:

4 Likes

Anyone try using a Co-Pilot on the Rads for better weight distribution? I havent been through the whole thread but these are interesting me the more I look in to them.

5 Likes

Bad picture but good setup lol

11 Likes

9 Likes

For those with RAD-0 and certain ampsandsound/ZMF Pendant amps, what input tube do you use: 12AX7, 5751, 12AT7, 12AU7, 6SL7, 6SN7? Iā€™m preparing for a demo next week.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll try in a bit and let you know!

3 Likes

Say hi to Alex and team for me! Super chill group of people!!

4 Likes

Will do, I wonā€™t hesitate to name drop!! Theyā€™ve been really cool to deal with so far.

4 Likes

Cool. Im wondering if that little nugget on the band will prevent it from latching on.

2 Likes

Definitely say hi to them for me as well! They should hopefully remember me from all our back and forth on my Basquiat ā€œTrumpetā€ customization process haha. Excited for you, that should be a great experience.

Regarding tubes, Iā€™m using a Mazda silver-plated 12AX7, a Raytheon 12AX7 and a Raytheon windmill getter 5751. Iā€™m still trying to learn tubes and their differences, but I had read good things about all of those, but YMMV.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s one heck of a customization choice.

1 Like

Holy Scooby snacks those are cool.

2 Likes