Rosson Audio - RAD-0 - Official Thread

Will do and thanks! Your Basquiat Trumpet custom design is very distinct so I’m pretty sure they’ll remember you!

I was leaning toward trying higher gain 5751 and 12AX7 tubes first for these planars, so your feedback lines up with that. I don’t presently own planars and use lower gain 12AU7 with my high sensitivity dynamic driver ZMF and Senn headphones.

3 Likes

Using 6SL7 with the one I have in the office right now. Running it off 8 ohm tap. Really fun combo. I do really enjoy the RAD-0 off SS amps though so I wouldn’t necessarily say it’s better off the tubes, just a different flavour of something that was already great.

5 Likes

Cool, looking forward to trying that and comparing to SS. I usually prefer high sensitivity dynamic driver headphones with tube amps, but am open minded to a RAD-0 SS pairing. I’ll find out next week!

3 Likes

It fits! This is the copilot design… I’ll check the pilot design next…but honestly the cushion on the headband makes it kind of pointless… as it still is the only point that hits your head so you don’t get the benefit of a wider headband.

6 Likes

Thanks. I got the copilot. If it’s pointless for them then no issue either way.

Thanks again.

2 Likes

I stole something from Tyler for good until it’s asked back for at RAD and let’s just say I’m absolutely shook.

15 Likes

Yep, welcome to the RADical Club

3 Likes

I came across these interviews as I anticipate my visit.

https://www.themasterswitch.com/alex-rosson-interview
https://btwnwrlds.com/alex-rosson-audiophile-c0c3643a6a9c

And the live stream: https://youtu.be/nFv20kde7nI.

2 Likes

Thanks, buddy. Happy to be here.

These interviews are great. You visiting the shop?

1 Like

It’s cool to learn about his music and sound background. Yup, I got my second vaccine dose and visit the shop later this week.

3 Likes

Sweet. Hope to stop by myself when I’m out in LA finally, again sometime over the summer.

Fully vaccinated club! Enjoy the visit, take pics.

2 Likes

Awesome and will do! :+1:t4:

Enjoy!

24 hours in with the RADs and have more or less adjusted to the weight, clamp force, and have found a solid fit.

The sound is just…wow. The ZMF Aeolus has pretty much been the only time where I’ve sat for hours listening to my whole library all over again and hearing new things.

9 Likes

The setup has evolved from bad to rad. :metal:

18 Likes

Congrats, welcome to the RADical Club. Those look really cool and I imagine sound great out of the Chord…

3 Likes

I love those dual-color side grills. Was this a custom order?

1 Like

It was a custom order, but a previous owner had the grills painted separately to match the cups.

1 Like

Does anyone know if the 3.5mm TRS Focal cables are compatible with the RAD-0? The connectors look the same and they fit into the headphone, but I’m not sure if they are wired the same and don’t want to damage anything. :grimacing:

This is from the moon-audio site: Rosson Audio Design RAD-0 Planar Headphones

“Rosson utilizes a 3-pole 3.5mm connection for cables. The termination type is different from the rest of the market, so Focal cables or upgraded Audeze and Focal Dragon cables will not work with the Rosson design.”

4 Likes