Rosson Audio - RAD-0 - Official Thread

Yeah, I’m positive it’s a singular issue, as I’ve yet to see any complaints raised regarding it. Plus all the people I’ve talked with that have used other Rad-O haven’t had the issue either…so I’m not worried about this being a larger issue at all.

1 Like

Maybe this is a dumb question–but why don’t you contact Rosson & get the drivers swapped out? I’d think it would make selling them a lot easier, if that’s the way you choose to go…

1 Like

They aren’t mine =) I’ve already sent them back as I didn’t think it prudent to do a review of them with the issue, as after research it seemed to be an anomaly =)

3 Likes

Well decided to jump into the RAD-0 Pool, now waiting for them to ship

11 Likes

That’s one of the coolest looking ones I’ve seen. It should have reduced weight and clamp force too. Hopefully it sounds like the one I got to review.

5 Likes

@Resolve, Yes it is splendid looking, I spent some time looking at all the designs on Rosson Audio site and this was the one drew me in. I really love turquoise blue mixed with copper and the raw wood look. I love their service, Alex followed up after the purchase via Email. Very nice touch. Looking forward to some laid back listening with this and my ZMF Vertie when that arrives.

6 Likes

Look what showed up today…

I have to say Alex is making it first-class experience with a personally signed note for being one of the first 100 headphone buyers. Even stamping the shipping box with there logo. I really like the Pelican style case.

I will say from limiting listening since post dropped them off has put a smile on my face.

As promised 599 Grams ( Little heftier than the Hifiman Ananda’s 413 grams and Focal Elex 435 g )

13 Likes

Congratulations on this outstanding beauty Gregory!

yes it is about the details in the customer experiance with a boutique brand :+1:
here another Peli fan :v:

What a cool trinity of headphones!

3 Likes

Thank you, I think I found three musketeers for my listen to pleasure for the next couple of months until the next musketeer shows up. I am inline with a few other for a ZMF Vertie Ltd but I do not expect it until April or May.

2 Likes

Hi guys!

While I’m still waiting for my SR1a & Heddphones from the awesome guys at Headphones.com, I thought I might share some pics of the fantastic RAD-0s!

Mine are #27 the Beachwoods and they sound just as good as they look! :slight_smile:

Hope you like this quick shot:

As I am a new user, I could only post one pic. :smiley:

15 Likes

hi msa1133 and welcome to the forum

cool picture!
sounds like you go all in

2 Likes

Absolutely beautiful headphones. I love the colour.

1 Like

Thanks! Glad you liked them. Alex and the team sure made the ear cups look like a beach or a piece of wood close to the sea!

7 Likes

Thanks! :smiley:

They look great…

1 Like

I hear this pair offers great synergy with The Beach Boys. You’ll probably need about 300 hours of burn in to get that. Get listening! And don’t forget the sunscreen.

1 Like

Right now these are my favorite headphone from my collection with

Qobuz ->Macbook Pro - USB- Chord Qutest -> SPL Phonitor -> Rosson Audio Design RAD-0 = Magnifico

10 Likes

I have been wondering if RAD-0 is the underdog in premium headphones in the market right now. What do you guys think?

PS my new office setup. The RAD-0 sounds great on this setup.

7 Likes

With the arrival of the HEDDphone, I think the RAD-0 is one of only a couple of current headphones in its price-class that is actually priced correctly.

You get stunning looks, a very solid build, and performance that rivals (if not quite beats) the much more expensive LCD-4 - and you get better native tonality to boot, while being much easier to drive.

It’s biggest challenges, for me, to date are a combination of so-far limited availability and apparent running changes. The new units are about 4 ounces lighter than the first batches. For those that don’t care about weight that much (like me), that’s not a big deal. For some, the fact that it is changing at all, is a show-stopper. And not knowing how/where those 4 ounces come from leads to all manner of speculation.

Still I love my set, sonically and visually … and the next step up for me in the planar world would be the LCD-4 or Abyss.

6 Likes

I agree with you they are sonically very good, easy to drive and very pleasant with a wide range of music. It is my favorite headphone right now.

The dealer network is a bit small, but then they are still a very small boutique headphone builder with a very small team. I ended buying them directly from them via their website.

1 Like