Schiit Jotunheim - Headphone Amplifier - Official Thread

Thanks for sharing…the Jot was designed to be a very versatile device and its often over looked and folks are calling for an upgrade.

Its an exceptional design and can play many roles in our audio setups. We often look for other gear once we get something looking for that “better” device etc…and often as youhave stated, you have found what you have to be very exceptional!!

Congrats on the Jot and enjoy the music!!
Alex

2 Likes

Finally giving the phono pre-amp card in my Jotunheim a try. I can’t complain. It sounds great for $100. Now I can move my existing pre-amp (twice the size of the Jotunheim) out of the vinyl to headphone path.

3 Likes

Just wondering if Schiit would come out with a new Jotenheim what would be the things in that you would want to see???

Alex

Unison USB, and don’t shrink it to micro USB!!

1 Like

Unison USB would be for the dacs or a dac adapter…
Dont think that would happen??

Alex

The Jotunheim I owned had a AK4490 DAC. I assumed they could implement their higher end Unison USB, but maybe there is a limitation prohibiting that in the modular units?

1 Like

Yup its a space thing on that size adapter, but who knows, its always a possibility dependent on other stuff…

Alex

1 Like

Class A dual mono with a separate power supply unit. I’m not entirely serious especially where they are trying to stay within a certain price point. Maybe a loudness button :wink:

1 Like

Interesting a “bass boost” loundness button???

Seriously?

Alex

1 Like

I was kidding, sorry. We don’t need to bring those back although I’m not offended by them. iFi has similar bass boost type buttons.

1 Like

New Jotenheim 2 announced.

6 Likes

Well I 'll be danged!!

LOL

Alex

2 Likes
5 Likes

Ragnarok 2 got a touch warmer in sound with Nexus & Continuity vs Rag 1, so I’m wondering how Jot 2 will fare here compared to the original.

Ignoring all the marketing speak, the biggest improvement for me is the preout cutoff switch. The lack of this kept me from using the Jot 1 as a preamp for my studio monitors and as a headphone amp at the same time. If you can’t stop the monitors from playing while your headphones are on, it kind of kills half the usability.

9 Likes

Did you have to do that? Now I had to go buy one.

If I’m lucky with Fedex, I’ll receive it before my Soloist 3 trial is over, and I can see which one I want to keep. If I’m unlucky, I get to keep both. Wait, what’s the catch?

3 Likes

Someone should chime in shortly with their experience with the Jotenheim 2. Just a guess. :grin:

4 Likes

I have been testing this amp for a bit now and its an excellent amp…will drive most anything including Susvaras, Hedds, etc…

Its indeed the one amp you only need.

All the latest
Schitt “secret” sauce…matched parts…more power…balanced and SE…

Its all good.

Alex

8 Likes

The silver knob on black chassis bugs the hell out of me. Don’t know why.

6 Likes

But how does it sound? Inquiring minds want to know.

4 Likes