Sennheiser Accentum Wireless Headphones - Official Discussion Thread

New Sennheiser wireless headphones just dropped at $180 USD. By all accounts, it looks very similar to it’s bigger brother the Momentum 4 at about half the price. Waiting to get our hands on one but looks like a strong competitor has joined the wireless ANC market.

From Sennheiser

With ACCENTUM, you can unlock new audio adventures all day long thanks to unrivaled 50-hour battery playtime, bringing your music to life with the unique Sennheiser sound. The perfect, on-the-go headphone, ACCENTUM provides you with high-quality wireless audio with exceptional features like Hybrid ANC to thrill you for days.

Key features:

Unrivalled 50-hour battery playtime – Enjoy exceptional battery life that lasts up to 50 hours on a single charge.

Sennheiser Sound – Discover high-quality Sennheiser audio, thanks to our own engineered and manufactured in-house transducer system.

Blocks out all distractions with ANC – Stay focused and immerse yourself in your music with effective hybrid noise-cancelling headphones.

Hear external sounds with a touch – Transparency Mode enables you to stay aware of your surroundings without removing your headphones.

Your sound, your way – Customized your musical journey with a choice of sound modes, like Bass Boost and Podcast mode. Our tailor to your own preference with the built-in 5 Band equalizer.

All-day comfort – Crafted to deliver incredible comfort, the headphones feature a lightweight and ergonomic design, making them ideal for long music sessions.

Product Specification

Specification Description
Wearing Style Headband stereo headphones
Ear Coupling Around-the-ear, circum-aural
Connectivity Bluetooth 5.2 compliant, class 1, 10 mW (max)
Transmission Frequency/Modulation 2,402 MHz to 2,480 MHz; GFSK, π/4 DQPSK, 8 DPSK
Supported Profiles A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP, GATT
Supported Codecs SBC, AAC, aptX™, aptX HD™, mSBC, CVSD
Speaker Principle Dynamic
Speaker Type/Size 37mm diameter
Speaker Frequency Range 10 Hz to 22 kHz
Speaker Sensitivity 106 dB SPL (1 kHz / 0 dBFS)
Speaker THD <0,3% (1 kHz / 100 dB SPL)
Speaker Impedance N/A
Active Noise Cancellation Hybrid ANC
Mic Principle MEMS
Mic Frequency Range 50 Hz to 8 kHz
Mic Pick-up Pattern 2 mics, beamforming for noise reduction
Battery Lifespan Up to 50 hrs music playtime via Bluetooth and with ANC (test condition: iPhone, medium volume level)
Charging Time Approx. 3 hrs for full charge; After 10 min charging up to 5 hrs music playtime
Battery Type Built-in Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery 800 mAh
Power Supply 5 V⎓, 700 mA max, USB charging via USB-C socket
Magnetic Field Strength 3.0 mT
Product Weight Ca. 222 g
Product Dimension 165 x 195 x 48 mm (folded flat)
Temperature Range Operation: 0 °C to +40 °C; Charging: +10 °C to +40 °C; Storage: -20 °C to +60 °C
Relative Humidity Operation: 10 to 80%; Storage: 10 to 90%
App Support Sennheiser Smart Control app for iOS™ and Android™
Country of Origin Designed in Germany, Made in China
Custom Tariff Code 851762 (BT headsets)
HAZMAT UN # UN 3481

Battery Information

Specification Description (Headphone) Description (Vendor)
Lithium-Ion Cells 1 (single) 1 (single)
Qty Inside Product 1 1
Qty Outside Product 0 0
Vendor Synergy VDL
MPN AHB563542PMT 533543
Capacity 800 mAh 800 mAh
Size/Format Width: 35.5 mm, Height: 44.6 mm, Depth: 6.5 mm Width: 35.5 mm, Height: 44.5 mm, Depth: 6.06 mm
Voltage 3.7 V 3.7 V
Weight 16.0 g 16.3 g
Energy 3.0 Wh 2.96 Wh
Lithium Content (primary) 0.24 g 0.4278 g

Packaging Specification

Specification Description
Content of Delivery ACCENTUM headphone, USB-C charging cable
Packaging Type Hard box
Language on Packaging English, German, French, Spanish, Simplified Chinese, Japanese
Dimensions (L x B x H) 220 x 51.5 x 214 mm
Weight (incl. accessories) Ca. 452g
4 Likes

Adding the measurements here:

Positional variation:

Keep in mind this is compensated to the FLAT diffuse field HRTF of the measurement rig and then show relative to the bounds of the established preference groups from the Harman research.

For additional information on how to read this new visualization, watch this video:

No apX lossless. Not even LDAC. They’re not serious about Bluetooth.

Thanks for the review, @Resolve. I was very interested in these, but that frequency response curve is weird as hell. Plus I have a big head and ears like you, so the clamping force and smallish cups won’t be good for me.

Funny you mentioned the AKG N700NC2 in your review. I owned a pair of those for a while, and they were very good. Can’t recall why I got rid of them – fit, perhaps? – but I regret it to this day. I think I got them on sale for maybe $179, and now it’s tough to find them, period. If you do, the price tag is around $300, which is too much.

Yeah I saw them as low as like $100 on sale. So probably worth waiting for that. And yeah the ANC quality on the N700NCM2 isn’t that great. That may have been why.

1 Like