I just got a pair of PXC 550’s to review. Have been wearing them for about two hours. Here are my initial impressions:
- They take up a small footprint and fold well. They are well-built for travel
- The auto-pause feature works really well (when you take them off they pause)
- The built-in microphone is amazing, particularly for something all the way up on your ears
- The adaptive noise-canceling is very good. I haven’t used these on a plain yet, but they do a great job with a fan as background noise. I still get a bit of that “ear in a vacuum” feeling that I get from most noise-canceling headphones
- They are very well-made and well-designed.
- Good resolution with a small-ish soundstage. They are tunned to be a little bassy and the bass is a little muddy
- Pairing with my iPhone X was instant
- Sennheiser provides an app for Android and iOS called “Captune.” It’s not bad. It has some cool functionality that includes a great EQ. It integrates with Tidal (Not google, apple, amazon or Spotify for the time-being) and the UI takes some getting used-to. I had a really hard time trying to change the Tidal album I was listening to.
I’ll be posting a full review on Headphone.com in the near future.