Still listening and experimenting with both headphones. I seem to be leaning more toward the post-2022 HD560S though, both in terms of fit/comfort, and also sound quality and FR out of the box. YMMV of course.
I’m not liking the brighter tuning in the treble on the HD550 though, or the pleather headband pad without the divot as much. And don’t feel much difference in the clamp. The HD560S also seems to stay put on my head better where I want it.
Both headphones need a little more sub-bass, and a few tweaks to smooth out the mids and treble a bit. But so far, the HD560S seems to be more pleasant to listen to without EQ.
I also like the jet black colorway of the HD560S better. It really doesn’t seem like such a bad little headphone. Especially if you can pick it up when it’s on the cheaper side.
