Shure - Official Thread

Watched this recording today. Quite neat all arounder presentation:

Here’s a screenshot at 33’58":

It looks like Shure baked its own methodology on assessing the transients. Here’s a follow-up question from one attendee in the webinar.

My point is. There’s still a lot of room for developing new testing methodologies and looks like Shure baked their own.

1 Like

7 months later, I can answer the question I posed regarding ZMF pads.

It took a bit of work, but I put an used set of ZMF Ori lambskin perforated pads on my 1840s. The fit isn’t perfect — the plastic guide on the cups that fit inside the pad’s leather flap is a bit too elongated given the near circular shape of the Ori, but there is enough extra material that I didn’t have to stretch it, and they stay on fine albeit a bit loose in the front and back.

Sound wise, the mid bass bump that the Ori is known for comes through, and it is a welcome addition IMO. As for the overall effect of the pad, i need to listen for longer to form a clear judgement, especially jazz and classical, paying attention to the treble and upper mids. I’ll follow up in a few days.

1 Like

I just realized I left this hanging.

Eventually I removed the ZMF Ori perf pads and went back to stock. I decided it didn’t sound natural, which was what originally drew me to the 1840 in the first place. Before removing them I tried diying some attenuator rings out of card stock, but that didn’t improve things.

So, the pad fits, but not my cup of tea.

2 Likes