SOLD: Chord Electronics Qutest DAC

Price: SOLD
Currency: USD
Ships to: USA

Selling my excellent condition Chord Qutest. It looks and functions as new and comes with everything in the photos including Qutest, USB cable, power cable, manual card, and box. This was my gateway into Chord and I’ve since bought a TT2 and Hugo 2. Time to pass this on. :slight_smile:

17 Likes

You’ll have to let me know what you upgrade to. :wink:

2 Likes

I grabbed the TT2 already :slight_smile:

6 Likes

What do you think of the upgrade? I have a Qutest in my office rig. The TT2 looks very appealing.

4 Likes

Makes sense. Are you going M Scaler eventually?
Also good luck with your sale. I have the Qutest, so I understand your want to climb the chord totem poll. :wink:

3 Likes

Someone grab this - it’s a fantastic DAC.

2 Likes

My path to the TT2 was a bit funny. I had this Qutest and was enjoying a lot in my speaker setup and wanted something with a headphone amp. I went to the dealer looking for the Hugo 2, which is basically a Qutest with headphone amp and crossfeed. They didn’t have a Hugo 2 in stock, so I picked up the TT2 instead. The TT2 is like a Hugo 2, but remove the battery, add speaker outputs, add support for the M-Scaler (also, double the price $$).

I have the Qutest, Hugo 2, and TT2 in the house now and I do enjoy the sound of the TT2 more, but it’s a very slight improvement. I personally chose based on the features/price alone and less so on the sound. I plan to try an M-Scaler at some point and don’t need the portability of the Hugo 2, so the TT2 is sticking around for now.

This is my personal decision tree :laughing:

• Want a great DAC? → Qutest
  • Want a great DAC that’s portable, with a battery? → Hugo 2
  • Want a great DAC with the M-Scaler? → Qutest or TT2
  • Want a great DAC with headphone amp and crossfeed? → Hugo 2 or TT2
  • Want a great DAC with speaker taps and (slightly) better sound? → TT2

To summarize… if you want portable, then get the Hugo 2. If you don’t want portable and want a headphone amp, then get the TT2. If you just want a DAC, then get the Qutest.

17 Likes

Well said friend. Appreciate your experiences and point of view.

3 Likes

+1 to this being a great DAC, and the price is very reasonable. Someone buy it! :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Shaved another 4% off the price and bumping to the top. Happy Thursday. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Very reasonable price. I’ve preferred the Qutest over the Yggy A2, Gumby, Bifrost 2, and Matrix XSP. Performance is even elevated a bit with a battery pack: Chord Electronics - Official Thread - #106 by bpcarb.

7 Likes

It is time…
PM sent.

4 Likes

And this is now sold. Thank you everyone.

7 Likes