The Anime Thread

Sonny Boy… two episodes in and getting a distinct Lord of the Flies vibe. Has some sinister undertones. Will keep watching as Im interested.

I still dont think anything will overtake OddTaxi as my top drama anime, maybe Fruits S3.

1 Like

The 55th episode of AoT (S3E18 - Midnight Sun) is probably the best one w.r.t. watcher’s affliction, IMHO. That moral dilemma was very well reproduced in the anime. Hats off to WIT.

Still (re)working on S3… :smiley:

2 Likes

Had to look that up ngl. :joy:

Don’t mean to sound like a broken record but I really miss the old eps where WIT was in charge. One of the best animated scenes in all of aot, imo, was the intro fight b/w Levi and Kenny. The pacing, music, and perspective were just top-notch and fluid. Ahhh, those were the days.

@perogie will be streaming on crunchy, yesss!!!

2 Likes

Excellent. Always worried that these one offs never make it to my services.

1 Like

I simply have to look ALL acronyms up. lol (except this one)

2 Likes

Yeah neither would I recommend Kakegurui for children!

It contains scenes of gambling, language, and sexual content (in the intro a close-up is shown as a character sits down and crosses her legs. Later on, there is a double image of the same character, but one of them falls into the other, landing her head between the other one’s breasts.) In addition, there are also references to guns (and even references Russian roulette where… spoiler warning one of the girls holds the revolver up to her head and pulls the trigger! Luckily, she does not get shot There is also a scene where a girl fingers herself (however, you cannot actually see it)! So yeah, it’s pretty good, though VERY explicit!

2 Likes

So, is Kakegurui worth the watch then? I’m a bored adult. :smile:

EDIT: Darn… Missed your sentence.

1 Like

Use spoilers next time when posting content like that! :wink:

1 Like

Kakegurui is more edgy and suggestive than explicit. The sexual angle is basic fan service. Its typical for that kind of anime IMO. This isnt meant as a criticism but more to place in context the scope of anime in case you havent seen much. There is a lot of anime that goes beyond what Kakegurui does.

1 Like

True, I DON’T watch anime very much

1 Like

Well, I’m 15 and I watch the series! (That is, with an older high school friend, whom is 18)!

Spolier

Psst! She is the one one that showed me the series to begin with!

After finishing kobayashi and yuru camp, I was looking for another slice of life to watch. Decided on non-non biyori. Three eps in and :ok_hand:. Very relaxing and easy to watch. It’s basically about 4 girls living in the countryside going through everyday childhood life.

2 Likes

Ive got non non on my watch list but havent got to it yet. Good to know that its a nice watch.

2 Likes

Also started on princess reconnect because the 2nd season clips were looking pretty good. Turns out it’s the same director for konosuba. It might interest you if you’re not watching it already.

2 Likes

I can’t keep up with you dudes. :joy:

I’m all caught up on AoT, btw. Watched the whole thing once again – back to back. I’m amazed the amount of details I missed when watching the episodes for the 1st time. Not to mention there’s a certain silly scene in one random episode which will make totally sense in a few eps later. WTH…

Looking forward for ep #80 in the next few days.

2 Likes

Now you’re just missing the OVAs which is on crunchy btw.

That last ep was pretty well done. Captured a good amount Eren’s personality and development (not that he had much development to begin with :joy:).

2 Likes

Narcissism is everywhere in this anime. :joy:

Seriously, I though of ep #78 having a big turn around in the story. And then after watching #79, there was another turn around kind of invalidating the first one in my view. :exploding_head:

Next week I’ll start working on DS and Boruto once again. Need to start fetching something else in the interim because I only have a week worth of unwatched material. :weary:

I still have your bookmarks saved, btw.

Damn. Need to start working on those as well.

2 Likes

Ran through Case Study of Vanitas: surprised with how entertained and interested I was.

Ive also got a couple more episodes of Fruits done, still only partway through S1.

1 Like

It is quite enjoyable!

:grimacing:
I can’t wait when you finish and either think it’s one of the best you’ve watched or one of the worst. :joy:

Im at the point where they’re starting to reveal more of the background. I might need to go back and rewatch the last episode I viewed. I watched it in pieces over time and I think I missed something that might be important. I think you are right that this is a show you need to watch in bug chunks.

1 Like