The Anime Thread

Awesome - thanks a bunch!

1 Like

That latest DS ep was just gorgeous, really well done! The latest AoT ep thoughā€¦I feel in that ep in particular they were trying too hard and it ended up looking half-assed. They tried to make THAT scene look cool, but it just fell right through like a certain someoneā€™s (mini-spoiler) head. I do appreciate them not censoring THAT scene; that part wasnā€™t bad at all.

2 Likes

Im letting those series build up episodes before I watch again. They both are more fun to watch when you can run through a few at a time,

2 Likes

Oh yeah I agree. But this time around, thereā€™s a little charm to watching DS and AoT back to back since they air on the same day. I find the shift interesting for some reason.

1 Like

Iā€™m almost at the middle of S3 (re-watch) but saw your post and caught up with the two unseen eps I had (77 and 78).

I thought it was cool because it was unexpected. Looks like someone had a Arya Stark moment.

Back to S3 thoughā€¦ That intro is so Museish. A typical ballad. :joy:

2 Likes

Oh yeah I agree but solely talking about the animation, were you not bothered by it? Or am I being too picky? Iā€™m trying to appreciate it but I just canā€™t. Itā€™s like they ran out of digital pages to draw. :joy:

Iā€™m digging the ED of the new season. It fits so well imo.

1 Like

What was the episode number, Iā€™ll try to pay attention to the art when I watch it.

Watching Mushoku Tensei - some occasional questionable elements but better than I initially thought, perhaps all the hype was deserved. Takes an out of nowhere turn throwing the story line off a little but still very solid. Im trying to catch up on the more highly regarded 2021 anime that I havenā€™t finished or gotten to yet. Yes, this includes Fruits.

1 Like

78 right before Eren gets sniped by Gabi. Itā€™s hard to miss.

I certainly think so. Thereā€™s an episode in there thatā€™s just straight awesomeness, youā€™ll know it when you see it. A lot of people were complaining about Rudeusā€™ pervertedness but the last ep really showcases why he is the way he is. It was well done. Also, there is a lot of foreshadowing in the last ep that reveals some parts of the actual ending in the LN. I admittedly spoiled myself in what happens in the LN so I know what happens is pretty crazy. Itā€™s not super obvious though so I wonder if youā€™ll be able to pick it up.

:eyes::grapes::basket:

Finally, thereā€™s actual progress on the latest rental girlfriend chapter. Are you still reading this? This manga is a mess but Iā€™ve read too much already so I didnā€™t drop it.

1 Like

I guess I can agree the scene itself was a little oversimplified. If the same happened back in the Dragon Ball days weā€™d probably have 3 full eps from that event alone. :joy:

Based on what I noticed in this anime, they might get back to that event ā€“ even knowing there are not many eps left. But hey, havenā€™t read the manga so that may probably be another worthless prediction coming from my end. lol

2 Likes

Which event are you referring to?

I donā€™t know, there isnā€™t any confirmation how many eps are left and they still have a good chunk to cover from the manga, assuming they donā€™t chop it off. They havenā€™t even (technically not a spoiler since they show it in the OP credits but just in case you donā€™t want to know) woken up Annie.

2 Likes

Nope, still with it. Havenā€™t read the latest chapter, will likely read it today, but I agree that there does appear to be movement going on. It really dragged for a long while. I want to know what is going on with Mami, thereā€™s a story line that hasnā€™t been fully looked in to. The joke in the manga community about this one is how will the author find a way to drag it out even further, but its said more with love than anything else.

Ive just gotten into S2 or the second part of S1 or what have you, so a few episodes to go before the last one. I dont think Ive come across the really awesome part yet and I will keep an eye on the final episode to see if I can guess, or maybe I wont try and guess :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

1 Like

Thatā€™s easy. Copy/paste last weekā€™s title and keep adding 1 to the number (which theyā€™ve been doing)! :joy:

I sure hope this will be streaming soon. Theater viewing sucks.

2 Likes

The final scene from ep 78, of course.

Ohh, thereā€™s also that. Practically forgot about it. So far still know sh*t what is her agenda.

1 Like

Not really spoilers but just in caseā€¦Annie never really had one in the first place, outside of her orders from Marley. I think thatā€™s why she joined the MP. She claims itā€™s for the mission but really she just wanted to stay out of everyoneā€™s business and go home to her dad. This even goes back to when she was at Marley training with the other candidates. If I remember, the flashbacks from earlier eps show her staring at an ant hill or something which could signify her indifference to all this.

1 Like

Ohhh OK, then my observations from watching S1 once again are aligned with yours. Letā€™s see what comes next.

1 Like

Finished Mushoku Tensei - Thoroughly unimpressive and lazy ending. Very disappointed with how they left it. It could possibly be redeemed based on certain character arcs but would require some ballsy writing that I dont think theyā€™ll do.

Of course, I have no idea of the entire breadth of the LN so this could be chapter 1 of 546 for all I know.

2 Likes

Interesting, how so?

Youā€™re not wrong. lol
Mushoku tensei has like 15 volumes or something like that.

Without hopefully spoiling anything I just felt the way the ended it was out of keeping with the narrative. In a certain way, they leave it right where the show started with only some hints about two likely soft story arcs and one that may be more interesting. I felt that the manner in which they ended it was purely engineered to try to create an emotional impact but but just done so in a silly manner.

Now, if they incorporate the proper response to that ending into the future story line, which I doubt, then I could find it more acceptable.

I know this is all vague.

Im going to try Sonny Boy. If I like it, will run through that. Then either 86 or maybe Vivy, then Fruits. 86 and Vivy just dont draw me in like I was hoping so I will try a few episodes of one or the other and see what my interest level is. I know I can get into Fruits as I actually found it engaging when I did watch.

1 Like

Fair enough, though I still personally like it quite a bit.

I finally finished laid-back camp s2 and am looking forward to the movie this year. Love of kill Iā€™ll probably drop. The animation is getting tough to watch. Oh well. The manga wasnā€™t a standout anyway.

1 Like

Dont get me wrong, I still liked it a lot, just the last bitā€¦

I already dropped it.

1 Like